PDA

View Full Version : Need help transferring music to iPhone!

dkmlam
08-20-2008, 11:38 PM
So I just bought a first gen iPhone off someone and I can't seem to transfer music from iTunes onto my iPod. When I first plugged it in, all the songs originally on the iPhone were "grayed-out" in iTunes and I couldn't even play the songs. It won't let me transfer music to the iPhone either.

Any ideas how to transfer music to the phone?

Lagerstatten.ca
08-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Try restoring the iphone - this way it's factory fresh and you can set it up again.

Also make sure you're using an updated version of iTunes (7.7.1 is the latest I think).

QuickPwn is out for 2.0.2 so you can update your iPhone to the latest firmware and activate/unlock/jailbreak in one go (for Windows only at the moment). Mac users can use the Pwnage Tool (2.0.1)

Cheers!

em2ab
08-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Can't you just plug it in via USB, have the computer pick it up as an external drive and drag/drop?

dkmlam
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Won't upgrading to 2.0 software lock the phone again?

A790
08-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
Can't you just plug it in via USB, have the computer pick it up as an external drive and drag/drop?
No, that would be too obvious and simple :P

Apple forces you to use iTunes.

black13
08-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I think its because the last owner probably had his iTunes set to automatically sync with his ipod so meaning you wouldn't be able to play the songs unless the music that is on your ipod is also on your computer itunes library.

Turn of auto sync in itunes and see if that helps.