PDA

View Full Version : Expedia.ca

whodiman
08-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Has anybody used this website to order tickets? Are they the cheapest for flights including international? if not, who is? Do they just send you the tickets without ever talking to anyone on the phone? Thanks

GingeRRRBeef
08-21-2008, 07:51 AM
I've used expedia a gazillion times for trip. It's easy and fast to find buy tickets etc but it's a pain in the ass to talk to a customer rep if you have problems. I was on hold for 45 mins one time, I was ready to blow up the world.

szw
08-21-2008, 08:00 AM
I've used it without problems once, but I've read lots of bad experiences with it which convinced me to not use it again. For domestic flights its almost always cheaper to buy direct from the airline.

And yeah, you can do it all online.

adam c
08-21-2008, 08:09 AM
The last hotel I booked I checked all those sites and ended up booking with the hotel instead as I found a cheaper rate at the hotel and didn't have to pay the full amount up front

schocker
08-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Sometimes check the carriers websites also. I needed plane tickets and on sites like travelocity and expedia the price was higher and they were showing as sold out, and when i went on the carriers website, they were cheaper and had plenty of seats.

89coupe
08-21-2008, 09:12 AM
I find that Expedia has the best deals by far. I just wait for their 24hr sales and then book.

Booking direct couldn't even come close.

canuckcarguy
08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I've used expedia a bunch of times. Usually I start with them to find available flights, then try the airlines directly to see if I can get a better deal. But I haven't found them that good for hotels.

Anybody ever use Priceline? I've looked at the site, but it seems weird to commit to a hotel booking without knowing which hotel it is...

UndrgroundRider
08-21-2008, 09:25 AM
I've used expedia at least upwards of 50 times. Customer service is a pain in the ass. If you're booking a hotel too check the user reviews.

Ajay
08-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I've used Expedia a decent amount and only had one major problem with them.

I was booking a trip to Vegas (flight and hotel) and they messed it up bad. I saved the trip details so I could discuss with my friends and ensure they were on board with the plan before I went ahead and put it all on my credit card. They were so I went to book and that went through with no problems. About 30 minutes later I received a phone call from Expedia explaining there was an error and the trip I booked wasn't available anymore at the price I paid. The price had gone up for the same trip and they were cancelling my booking even though it had already gone through and I received a confirmation number. Made a stink about it and they gave me a coupon code for a discount for any future trips and refunded my original booking. I lost a little respect for Expedia after that.

thrasher22
08-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Try www.Kayak.com first, it searches sites like Expedia and Orbitz for the cheapest flights.
Most of the time I found the cheapest ones were through Orbitz, so its worth a try too.

frozenrice
08-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I just booked a flight recently and after all the searching I found the best deal through Flight Center. I was quite surprised that it was $200 less through them than anything on Expedia. Bonus was I was able to go to one of their offices in town and booked in it person.

GoChris
08-24-2008, 06:25 PM
used it once, was a good price, no problems. will probably use it again.

black_2.5RS
08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Used Expedia a bunch of times. Best prices I could find on hotels. Some of the packages are decent as well - but I find the prices can sometimes fluctuate from day to day (I found this when comparing prices to Hawaii). I would continue to use Expedia going fwd.