PDA

View Full Version : Can you sell your house with the furniture?

ICEBERG
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi guy's

Just a quick question.(If there is any realtors here that can help me).. Can you sell a house with all your furniture included in the sale of your home. The reason i am asking is, i might be moving to Europe and don't want to bring anything with me. Would i be able to sell the house with my furniture ? Would it be harder to find a buyer his way?

Any info would be great...

Heff
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Sure you can.

But you should know that if your furniture is sub-par, or very taste-specific you may lose sales because of it.

LongCity
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
If the buyer wants it. Sometimes it gives them a better picture of what the place would look like instead of just having an empty house.

ICEBERG
08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
So how would this work? Do you calculate how much your furniture is worth and add that to the price of the house?

Everything we have was purchased from top end stores. Even all electronics where bought from Sounds of music.

Would it be better to sell the furniture and the electronics separate?

topmade
08-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah it would be just a total price of the house. You would probably get more money if you sold them separetly, but would take more time. Is this mostly furniture and appliances? Any beds? I don't know about other people, but I would never buy a used mattress. IMO, sell separtely. Most people won't want the furniture, or will take it for a huge discount because they don't really want it, but will take it for next to nothing to save you the hassles of selling it.

Just have a open house garage sale.

Heff
08-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
So how would this work? Do you calculate how much your furniture is worth and add that to the price of the house?

Everything we have was purchased from top end stores. Even all electronics where bought from Sounds of music.

Would it be better to sell the furniture and the electronics separate?

You will not be able to guarantee market value for furnishings included in home-sales, as homes are purchased via offer auction.

Unless you hold out for an asking price you may never receive an offer for.

You'd probably realize more recovered value selling them privately.

tm88
08-21-2008, 11:19 AM
a fully furnished home can be a huge + for many people. Say someone in the same situation as you moving over here. It would be much more challenging to sell the furniture seperate.
Try and sell the home with it, and have your realtor come in (pending they know what they are doing) and have the home stages properly.

HRD2PLZ
08-21-2008, 12:14 PM
One thing to remember though, if you include the furniture in the list price of your home, you will end up paying commission on it!

Most people try to sell the furniture separate. I had a client who ended up selling most of their furniture on the side (they relocated to BC) to the couple that bought their house. It was a fluke situation for him that it all worked out, but it does happen.