PDA

View Full Version : Spyware/Malware

Canmorite
08-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Something nasty got into my computer. Did two ad-aware scans but that didn't help.

When I open up IE or Firefox, I cannot open gmail.com, or search on any search engine.

I'll open up gmail in IE, and it will half load, then direct me to a blank page and Norton will say it blocked and intrusion attempt. When I do the same in Firefox, it just loads forever and nothing happens. :dunno:

Anyone ever dealt with this?

Thanks.

Quiet10
08-21-2008, 03:18 PM
SDFix Malware and Rootkit (http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix_ReadMe.htm)

Run this and see if that helps.:thumbsup:

dj_honda
08-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Something nasty got into my computer. Did two ad-aware scans but that didn't help.

When I open up IE or Firefox, I cannot open gmail.com, or search on any search engine.

I'll open up gmail in IE, and it will half load, then direct me to a blank page and Norton will say it blocked and intrusion attempt. When I do the same in Firefox, it just loads forever and nothing happens. :dunno:

Anyone ever dealt with this?

Thanks.

I had the same problem not too long ago.

I downloaded 2 other programs and ran them and they couldn't delete the problem. You should run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware...
keep note of what it detects and whether it deletes it or not. Based on that, download the appropriate specific virus remover...(it if its a blabla.trojan virus find a remover) from a trusted source.

Canmorite
08-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Quiet10
SDFix Malware and Rootkit (http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix_ReadMe.htm)

Run this and see if that helps.:thumbsup:

Thanks! That removed a whole bunch of crap, but the problem still persists.

Canmorite
08-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

I had the same problem not too long ago.

I downloaded 2 other programs and ran them and they couldn't delete the problem. You should run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware...
keep note of what it detects and whether it deletes it or not. Based on that, download the appropriate specific virus remover...(it if its a blabla.trojan virus find a remover) from a trusted source.

Bam! Found it. Removed by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Great stuff.

Thanks all!