PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Wheel Stores?

flipstah
08-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Hello!

I was wondering if there's a good place to buy wheels and tires in Calgary?

And yes, I used the search function but didn't find the results I need so please, no hatin.'

:)

gretz
08-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Urban Expressions
769 1771
thats the only # you need

flipstah
08-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
3823 12th St NE
Calgary AB, T2E6M5

That's it yes?

And crap, I saw the Marketplace section.

'08. :closed:

redline
08-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Tunerworks

Destinova403
08-21-2008, 04:21 PM
+1 for Urban Expressions... Tirebob is a great guy and hell hook you up good :thumbsup:

jdmSiR
08-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Talk to Bob at urban expressions, theyre great, i just got some axis og sans from there

flipstah
08-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the input!

I shall look for Bob at Urban Expressions and take my car there to see what they offer. :thumbsup:

Cadylac
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Fuel'd Designs in red deer, talk to Austin he knows whats up and can get you any kind of wheel you want.
There there shop that just did Chad Kroegers lambo, i know hes kinda lame, but they do big shit.

PAUL-E:.
12-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Tunerworks or urbanexpressions are great.

pinoyhero
12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I always go Tunerworks.

Orson
12-23-2008, 06:51 PM
I like buying online a lot more. The companies are bigger and therefore run more professionally, have better selection, more in stock, and can give better prices.

The local kiddie shops are often run by a few "bros" who put you through the bs of waiting months for their special orders, and then because they are only filling one order, you never get anything resembling a good deal. Plus when things go bad, do you think a big company with a reputation to maintain will take care of you, or do you think a small guy will accept losing coin that goes straight to his family's table?

Don't get me wrong, I love supporting local business, but not when you pay more and get less.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Check out tirerack.com, they're great.

LongCity
12-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Orson
I like buying online a lot more. The companies are bigger and therefore run more professionally, have better selection, more in stock, and can give better prices.

The local kiddie shops are often run by a few "bros" who put you through the bs of waiting months for their special orders, and then because they are only filling one order, you never get anything resembling a good deal. Plus when things go bad, do you think a big company with a reputation to maintain will take care of you, or do you think a small guy will accept losing coin that goes straight to his family's table?

Don't get me wrong, I love supporting local business, but not when you pay more and get less.

:facepalm:
Thanks for coming out...

tirebob
12-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Orson

Wow... "local kiddie shops"... That is the very first time I have ever been referred to as something like that! lol!

First off, while the "big professional boys" can take care of business their way for sure, us kiddies have some stuff going for us too. When it comes to service, we can provide some things for sure that a lot of the big guys are not known for.

As I am a small shop, it is in my best interest to make sure I help my customers figure out what goods are actually best for their specific needs based on questions, discussions and a whole ton of experience. The reason I need to spend this extra time doing so is that I require repeat business to keep going, and the only way to get repeat business is to do what is best for your customers and giving them an experience that rises above their expectations.

Secondly, if you ever have a problem with goods I have sold you, it is a lot easier to get things dealt with on the spot then it is having to spend time and money shipping things back and forth to the US from Canada.

Thirdly, if you talk to most of my customers (and I am sure of many of my competitors), or local clients become regulars, which means we develop a relationship and which often turns clients into friends, which helps not only us, but also our clients as we get to know them well and have a better feel for their specific needs, and you wouldn't believe how far we'll go to help out a "friend", even if it means we sometimes sacrifice food off of our families tables to do what is right...

Fourth point, I know my pricing, along with many other local companies, are frequently very competitive with US and Canadian online retailers. Are we always the cheapest? Of course not, but more often than not we are then same or even better, and when were not, I think the personal service you get from us beats out the savings in most cases.

Last point for now, I don't care what big shop you buy from... You'll be hard pressed to find a person to deal with that has more knowledge or abilities, let alone honesty and integrity, then myself as well as many of the other locals peeps here as well.

Speak to some of these locals who are clients of mine and the others here and I think you will find many of them to be more than satisfied with the local business talent and that many of them came to us after prolems with the big online boys went unsolved until we got our hands on it...

bwling
12-23-2008, 07:19 PM
OT, but what days/hours are you open over Christmas Bob?

n1zm0
12-23-2008, 07:39 PM
i'll deal with any of the local tire/rim retailers first before ordering online.

Orson, will tirerack.com help you fix a bead/valve stem leak as quick as possible and have you out the door in less than an hour tops without appointment?

i'm guessing you're referring to them as 'kiddie shops' cause they didn't carry your lifted douche F350 mudders.. :rolleyes:

tirebob
12-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by bwling
OT, but what days/hours are you open over Christmas Bob? http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2744950#post2744950

EK 2.0
12-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I love tirebob...

he is my wheel and tire hero...

Graham_A_M
12-23-2008, 08:12 PM
^ I feel like putting that in my sig.

But I agree, Big plus for Bob.
The guys at Tunerworks are great too :thumbsup:

Mibz
12-23-2008, 08:21 PM
I visited Bob back at CMS and, despite not selling me anything, in that conversation he earned himself a customer for life. I'll be getting my new summer wheels and tires from him for sure.

Orson
12-24-2008, 04:04 AM
Sorry, not trying to start nothin here. Just sayin what worked for me plenty times boys.

mekeni
12-24-2008, 09:28 AM
with the Cdn$ dollar tanking right now... prices here locally are very competitive (sometimes cheaper) than if you buy stateside.

Yeah, any of those two above mentioned tire store :thumbsup: