PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with recovery disks for an IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad please?

oilerfan4lyfe
08-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone...I'm hoping the kindness of beyond will show again...because I need a huge favor for someone

Basically the short version of the story is that I think I accidentally deleted the thinkcentre and IBM utilities off of a Thinkpad T60 (yes I'm a dumbass).

IBM can give me the recovery disks...they're $49 - though I'll be honest I think that's a bit of a rip it's not so much the money as the fact that it takes about 10 business days to get to me - I need these ASAP.

I'm hoping someone's nice enough to make me some recovery disks on their Thinkpad - they're free to make from the thinkcentre utility - I'd be happy to pick it up anywhere in the city and also pay you for the DVD/CDs that you'd have to use to burn them.

Please PM me or post in the thread. Thanks.

adam c
08-21-2008, 07:09 PM
don't you have the reformat disks that came with the IBM? the utilities will be on there to reinstall

oilerfan4lyfe
08-21-2008, 07:13 PM
There are no reformat disks...the utilities are on a partition on the hard drive instead. To get disks you gotta create them through that partition

EmJay
08-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Have you tried pushing the blue thinkvantage button when the laptop is booting up? Like when you want to get into the bios you push delete but instead push the big blue button ....

I restored my friends ibm a few weeks ago and didn't use any cd's, just pushed the blue button when it was starting up and it tossed me to the recovery menu.

oilerfan4lyfe
08-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Yuppers that's the problem...the blue button used to get me into the thinkvantage utilities or w/e they were...but now there's no option for that - I can get into BIOS or startup from an external drive, that's about it...