PDA

View Full Version : BMW tire warranty

G
08-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Anybody buy this?

I don't see how they make any money on this. I personally replaced 2 rears and a front already. I paid $600 for the warranty and if I was to pay for those tires at Calgary BMW it would've cost me $1800.

gen2 integ
08-22-2008, 08:28 AM
I bought this warranty as well, at first it sounded too good to be true, but then talking to different people it seems that it is what they say it is. For $600 it pays for itself after one replacement especially cuz they say it covers wheels as well.

Tik-Tok
08-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Sounds like Audi's glass replacement... $300 for 3 years of windshield replacement... in this city, how am I NOT going to break my glass in less than 3 years, and a new windshield costs $700.

B17a
08-22-2008, 08:58 AM
I bought it too and it pretty much paid for itself the first visit in.

benyl
08-22-2008, 09:16 AM
I didn't get it. My stock wheels have 10kms on them. I don't think I need it. If I remember correctly, it didn't cover non BMW approved wheel and tire packages. I wasn't a fan of the stock 19" wheel for the 335.

I do wish I would have gotten the wiper/brake package. The wipers on my car (8 months old) already need to be replaced! POS BMW wipers!

G
08-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I didn't get it. My stock wheels have 10kms on them. I don't think I need it. If I remember correctly, it didn't cover non BMW approved wheel and tire packages. I wasn't a fan of the stock 19" wheel for the 335.

I do wish I would have gotten the wiper/brake package. The wipers on my car (8 months old) already need to be replaced! POS BMW wipers!

Yeap only applies to stock wheels and tires that came on the car at the time of purchase.

I also heard that if you're leasing and the windshield is cracked they are only accept BMW windshields as replacements when the lease is up.

How much did you pay for your wipers?

benyl
08-22-2008, 09:46 AM
I haven't gotten them yet. I just noticed it this morning with the mist on the way to work. I think I will order them from the states or hit a BMW dealer when I am down in LA in 2 weeks from now.

gen2 integ
08-22-2008, 09:47 AM
my dealer told me that it applies to any wheel tire that is on the vehicle. he said because the warranty is applied to the vehicle not the specific wheels/tires on the vehicle. I also know that my dealer has replaced 2 rear aftermarket wheels for a customer under this program.

topher91
08-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by gen2 integ
my dealer told me that it applies to any wheel tire that is on the vehicle. he said because the warranty is applied to the vehicle not the specific wheels/tires on the vehicle. I also know that my dealer has replaced 2 rear aftermarket wheels for a customer under this program.

This is my understanding as well as it was explained to me by my salesman as well as business manager...

Any wheels/tires on the car even aftermarket, and I specifically asked about aftermarket cuz there was no way I was sticking with the wheels that came with my 328...

C4S
08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
They MAKE money on SOME .. and LOST money on some ..

I have tire warranty on 3 cars .. never used once .. so .. $1800 .. gone with the wind .. :dunno:

It is good deal for careless driver .. may not be good for careful driver ..

(oops.. touch wood .. still 2 yr to go on my tire warranty)

Also, they dont do 4/5 yr on those tire warranty anymore, you have to take the one from BMW Canada, and cost slightly more then before.:)

Benyl : even I use WAL MART wiper on my BMW ... lol

blinkme_210
08-22-2008, 05:49 PM
The wheel & tire warranty is definitely worth it on runflat tires. Once those tires go pop, you're gonna have to shell out $400+ each tires. Replaced all 4 tires on my parent's E70 already.

max_boost
08-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Whoa so how does this thing work? It covers tires and wheels? How does the wheel warranty work? If you curb it? rashes? dents? They give you a new wheel or repair it for free?

No way they cover an aftermarket wheel.....even 3 piece forged wheels? haha

Sounds almost too good to be true!!

EvolutionI
08-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Average wiper blades only last 6 months. Unless you get the teflon ones, mine have been 7 months, still streak free.

Kaos
08-23-2008, 08:56 AM
WHAT? I was never aware of this!
I'd like to know what Maxboost asked as well... :dunno:

topher91
08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Just TIRES... sorry if I made it sound like they replace rims too!!

Its TIRE warranty only....

If you get a flat, puncture etc, they will replace/repair?? Can't remember the details now.

gen2 integ
08-23-2008, 09:38 AM
my dealership told me tires and wheels road hazzard warranty, so if you hit a huge pot hole on the highway and blow a tire and bend a rim they will repair or replace. I know first hand that someone had two wheels and tires replaced.

ACS-e36
08-23-2008, 10:07 AM
somone wanna trade wheels with me and get me new tires? ill pay YOU! PM me

topher91
08-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Hmm tire and wheels hey. I'll have to dig up the info about it. Cuz that would be an even better deal!!!