PDA

View Full Version : Wasted so much money!

shadowz
08-09-2002, 03:02 AM
Well not completely wasted, I added up all my receipts today to get ready for an appraisal when my car gets back out , and man ive spent so much money and not realized it, when I think back theres a few other things I wouldve liked to save up for, like a house... ahh well:(

Import_Girl
08-09-2002, 10:21 AM
hahah.....but you do have a hella sweet car,

max_boost
08-09-2002, 10:39 AM
Dude, thats just the way it is:thumbsup:
Anyone who is in the scene who has a modified or a few modified cars has spent lots of $$$

trendkill
08-09-2002, 10:47 AM
hahhhha, yeap so true. i dont think about it at all... and now i got my house so now i know where my finances stand so now i can mod more senseably and not care... =)

B18C
08-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Well not completely wasted, I added up all my receipts today to get ready for an appraisal when my car gets back out , and man ive spent so much money and not realized it, when I think back theres a few other things I wouldve liked to save up for, like a house... ahh well:(

Werd to that...

But I guess you only live once

Redlyne_mr2
08-09-2002, 11:05 AM
I wouldnt say its a waste..you have a beautiful car..something to occupy your time..something nice to take your girl out in..something that you can be proud of..and look at how many friends you've met because of it....in my opinion the returns that a car can give you are priceless:thumbsup:

Zephyr
08-09-2002, 09:42 PM
at least u spent money on modifiying....my 5 series i spent 10 grand just on repairs.

max_boost
08-09-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I wouldnt say its a waste..you have a beautiful car..something to occupy your time..something nice to take your girl out in..something that you can be proud of..and look at how many friends you've met because of it....in my opinion the returns that a car can give you are priceless:thumbsup:

Too bad you can't say the same! Everyone you met doesn't seem to like you and your car is in a coma right now. Sure you can rebuild it but the fact is, it looks like shit right now.:rofl:

5gluder
08-10-2002, 12:36 AM
It depends, at a young age i would much rather spend my money on objects that would provide me with some sort of happiness. A house is something that i would consider when i'm older. Remember you only live young once, if you didn't spend your money on your car and rather on a house do you think you would be truly happy?

5.9 R/T
08-10-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by 5gluder
It depends, at a young age i would much rather spend my money on objects that would provide me with some sort of happiness. A house is something that i would consider when i'm older. Remember you only live young once, if you didn't spend your money on your car and rather on a house do you think you would be truly happy?

True, but look at it like this: On one hand you have a car that you could work for, mod it out, and be truely proud of it, a sort of (semi) instant gratification. Or spend your money on school or a house that may not make you (as) happy this instant but will pay off in the years to come. Not to mention a car depreciates while in almost all cases a house does not, and school will pay for itself. This is the decision I had to make, since i can't afford both at the same time right now, I had to choose just one. I chose school. It sucks right now but when i get a mid life crisis I'm gonna buy one helluva car and reap the benefits of lower insurance rates!

shadowz
08-10-2002, 02:50 AM
True Im still young but a house in the future would be nice, the thing is no one would ever buy my car its a done up car and beyond restoring to stock(would cost me money) but meeting the people is great, but sometimes i regret it

5gluder
08-10-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

True, but look at it like this: On one hand you have a car that you could work for, mod it out, and be truely proud of it, a sort of (semi) instant gratification. Or spend your money on school or a house that may not make you (as) happy this instant but will pay off in the years to come. Not to mention a car depreciates while in almost all cases a house does not, and school will pay for itself. This is the decision I had to make, since i can't afford both at the same time right now, I had to choose just one. I chose school. It sucks right now but when i get a mid life crisis I'm gonna buy one helluva car and reap the benefits of lower insurance rates!

I totaly agree, i had to choose between spending money on my car or school. I spent all my money on school and a couple trips, i recently graduated so i have been spending all my cash on my car.

HRD2PLZ
08-10-2002, 11:47 AM
I guess I just found a good balance between them all. I spend a little on my cars (just takes longer to mod), but my car is paid for, I have enough saved that I can almost buy a house/condo. :dunno: depends on what you want though...When I mod my car, its not an investment, its strictly for fun :)

TomTom
08-10-2002, 02:06 PM
lol id totally buy it! have 2 preludes!
your car is pretty nuts and its ovious your very proud of it, its your hobby, everyone spends tons on there hobby, +its a work thing right!!(lol) you need the nice ride to show to people you sell stuff too at AZ

shadowz
08-12-2002, 03:10 AM
I am proud of the hard work ive put into it but I think sometimes , its too much , its not even a hobby anymore its turned into a lifestyle, so much sacrifice