PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Focus RS

Cooked Rice
08-22-2008, 01:25 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/04/officially-official-2009-ford-focus-rs/

If they do start making the 2010 Focus' a global effort. I sure hope they get something like that here.

heavyD
08-22-2008, 07:40 AM
The front 3/4 looks great but from the rear it looks meh. The problem with these mini-van like hatchbacks is making the rear look good. Cars like this, the MS3, WRX just don't look good from the rear end no matter what they try.

Destinova403
08-22-2008, 07:43 AM
^^ true enough, however North americans just dont like hatches... they love them in europe.

i dont think we will see the RS... i can hope... but i dont think well see it in 2010.

this is the focus we get

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/215449/2010-ford-focus-global/

BigBadVlad
08-22-2008, 08:07 AM
"Ford's expertise in industry-leading handling"
haha.... that's a good one.... If they're planning 300HP and 400ft/lbs I just don't see how any amount of wizardry is going to make a FWD implementation put the power down anywhere near what they could do with AWD. It may wind up being one of the best highpowered FWD cars, but it will still have been better with AWD and I'd guess cost the same or maybe less with all the extra time and effort they put into this Revo-Knuckle thing.

Don't get me wrong, Ford has had a few "decent" handling FWD cars, more so the Euro division. Sometimes if it ain't broke don't fix it....:dunno:

Darkane
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad
haha.... that's a good one.... If they're planning 300HP and 400ft/lbs I just don't see how any amount of wizardry is going to make a FWD implementation put the power down anywhere near what they could do with AWD. It may wind up being one of the best highpowered FWD cars, but it will still have been better with AWD and I'd guess cost the same or maybe less with all the extra time and effort they put into this Revo-Knuckle thing.

Don't get me wrong, Ford has had a few "decent" handling FWD cars, more so the Euro division. Sometimes if it ain't broke don't fix it....:dunno:

302ft/lbs not 400.

410nM.

DonJuan
08-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I like it... ALOT.

I just hope we dont see some sort of basterdized version of it. that is "rally inspired" ugh.

tentacles
08-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad

I posted about it in this popular thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/226820/ford-focus-rs-revo-knuckle-explained/

hks
08-22-2008, 01:42 PM
that's actually pretty nice. the front is sweet, but what the fuck happened to the back??!? haha, it looks like the designer got lazy and just cut it off. it'll probably grow on me tho.

carguy
08-22-2008, 02:20 PM
this is going to be produced by UK Ford Affiliate. So we mostly likely won't be seeing it on our shores anytime soon or at all. We'll probably get the same chassis in one form or another SVT version is the best we can hope for.

BigBadVlad
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by tentacles

I posted about it in this popular thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/226820/ford-focus-rs-revo-knuckle-explained/

hehe yeah popular thread. Interesting, looking at the pdf shows the difference in design namely the "steering angle" is reduced to be more straight up and down with the wheel center as opposed to a traditional set up.

Oh yeah my bad on the N/M vs ft/lbs thing.

DonJuan
08-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by carguy
We'll probably get the same chassis in one form or another SVT version is the best we can hope for.

:banghead: :banghead:

gd3_kid
08-22-2008, 03:02 PM
My god I hope this car comes to NA...I would take this in a heartbeat over a WRX, MS3 (pending what the new model looks like), and the ralliart, even though the RS is missing AWD.

I don't like how the back end looks like a skinnier version of a Dodge Caliber, and the rear wing would need some aftermarket replacement, but that car still looks great

old&slow
08-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Who woulda thought ford could build such a neat looking car?

Toms-SC
08-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Ford has got all sorts of amazing cars. Just not in North America.