PDA

View Full Version : Clearest FM Signal for Sirius??

BlkMaxima
08-22-2008, 07:41 AM
I have tried 89.3 , 105.7 and a couple other random settings. Some of them work for a couple days and then start getting stattic. It's getting annoying.

So what do you guys use for FM Signals? Post em Up!

Cy2k1
08-22-2008, 07:58 AM
You're not going to get rid of the static completely. Either try connecting it directly to your deck by AUX input or using another external frequency device in lieu of the built-in one. It'll save you the headache of always switching channels or moving the device around to get the clear signal. :clap:

Tik-Tok
08-22-2008, 08:20 AM
107.9 has never failed me.

BlkMaxima
08-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Cy2k1
You're not going to get rid of the static completely. Either try connecting it directly to your deck by AUX input or using another external frequency device in lieu of the built-in one. It'll save you the headache of always switching channels or moving the device around to get the clear signal. :clap:

Still using the stock deck so no AUX input on it.

If after I try whatever stations get posted, I still get stattic. Then I guess I will have to look into and external device.

Tik-Tok
08-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

Still using the stock deck so no AUX input on it.

If after I try whatever stations get posted, I still get stattic. Then I guess I will have to look into and external device.

They also have a wire that goes inline with your decks antennae, and plugs into your sirius (if you have that on your sirius). So you're still FM modulating, but it's also a direct line to your deck.

BlkMaxima
08-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They also have a wire that goes inline with your decks antennae, and plugs into your sirius (if you have that on your sirius). So you're still FM modulating, but it's also a direct line to your deck.

Is this what you speak of?

FM Adapter (http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=1998401&catParentID=7872&scId=7872&oldParentID=7872)

I'm gonna run to FS or Best buy this weekend to see if they stock it. Otherwise I will just order it from Sirius.

Looks like the easiest solution.

Thanks.

Tik-Tok
08-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

Is this what you speak of?

FM Adapter (http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=1998401&catParentID=7872&scId=7872&oldParentID=7872)

I'm gonna run to FS or Best buy this weekend to see if they stock it. Otherwise I will just order it from Sirius.

Looks like the easiest solution.

Thanks.

Yep. I got mine at Bestbuy, but they always seem to be short on satellite radio accessories.

BlkMaxima
08-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Yep. I got mine at Bestbuy, but they always seem to be short on satellite radio accessories.

They are short on lots of things there. Including customer service and brains. lol

nobb
08-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Take off the antenna in your car, or lower it if not possible. My work truck had an antenna that I could unscrew and that helped alot with reception on my transmitter.

Pacman
08-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by nobb
Take off the antenna in your car, or lower it if not possible. My work truck had an antenna that I could unscrew and that helped alot with reception on my transmitter.

I have also removed the antenna from my van, and have my Siruis set to 91.5.

I can drive all over Alberta without having any issues at all.

BlkMaxima
08-22-2008, 09:10 AM
My car's antenna is built into my rear window. I can't take it off.