PDA

View Full Version : Acura RDX

nj2Type-S
08-22-2008, 09:41 AM
does anyone have any feedback on the RDX with tech package? preferrably from those who owns one or those who have driven these vehicles in the past?

i've heard that the turbo lag is brutal but nothing else major besides that.

thanks!

Xtrema
08-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Turbo lag? Not much. But that's also the reason fuel economy isn't that stellar. Test drove it and it handles well. But it is heavy and it's kind of a chick car IMO.

nj2Type-S
08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
^chick car...wat...:(

my wife and i want anFX35 sooooo bad but we can only afford to get it used. just recently, she and i have been playing w/ the idea of maybe getting an RDX since it'll be a new vehicle. we'll have to take one for a spin but i'm just looking for others' opinions.

i like the FX35 a LOT, though! :bigpimp:

Xtrema
08-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Old FX35's interior is a bit low rent. Have not sat in the new 09 yet but if it's anything like the EX, it should be good.

There is a $10K difference between RDX and FX35 but FX
s look out class it IMO.

And when I said chick car, I meant I see a lot of chicks driving it.

Aleks
08-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I test drove it. I found it had huge turbo lag. It was very noticable. Drive the RDX then a 335 or even a VW/Audi equipped with a 2.0T and you'll see the lag difference.

Handled clumsy and tires squeeled early. I went to drive it when I owned a 330i so my expectations might have been too high on the handling front. It is an SUV after all.

Rest of the vehicle was very nice, typical nice Acura interior.

PS if you're paying cash I saw an add in the Herald last week with MDX having a 10K rebate if you pay cash for it. I'd get an MDX over RDX for sure.

nj2Type-S
08-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Xtrema, i've sat in a 2005 FX35 and it was pretty ok. the interior was revised for 2006 and i like the looks of it based on the pix.

Aleks, i called my salesperson at acura yesterday and the cash incentive does not apply for lease or finance options. it's only if you buy it cash.

basically, i saw the sign at silverhill saying that rdx's start at 39,900. i called and asked about the pricing for a tech package and he mentioned that it's 3000 off or something + some loyalty discont since i got my rsx from there.

any comments about the interior and the actual 'tech' in the tech package?

edit: an mdx would be sickk but it's a bit - - it's a LOT more, lol

Eleanor
08-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I've heard from some friends who are looking at an entry-level luxury SUV and they said it drinks the good stuff pretty bad.

avishal26
08-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
^chick car...wat...:(

my wife and i want anFX35 sooooo bad but we can only afford to get it used. just recently, she and i have been playing w/ the idea of maybe getting an RDX since it'll be a new vehicle. we'll have to take one for a spin but i'm just looking for others' opinions.

i like the FX35 a LOT, though! :bigpimp:

Get the FX!!! You'll LOVE IT! You can get a used American FX35 newer than 2006 for $38000 - $40000 from dealers here. Hyatt had about 3 or 4 FX35's from the states between 20k and 50k kms selling for $37000 - $42000.

A new RDX is about that much isn't it? My dad bought an 07 FX35 with 11,000 miles from Fish Creek Nissan (They imported it from the states). PM me if you wanna know how much.

nj2Type-S
08-22-2008, 11:48 AM
thanks but i've actually contacted nbaker00 and JAYMEZ with regards to finding me an FX from the states. the problem is finding one in my budget, lol. the payments are about the same for a used FX from the states at a 6 yr term and leasing an RDX for 4 yrs...

Strider
08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Isn't the Infiniti EX more comparable to the RDX?
Have you considered that instead?

nj2Type-S
08-22-2008, 03:53 PM
the EX with the navigation is a bit higher priced than the RDX. :(

not digging the 'station wagon' look of the EX, either. the interior looks really nice and crisp, though!

bignerd
08-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Gay "Super Handling All Wheel Drive" too...

I found the turbo a little weak for the price... and the fact that the seats don't fold completely flat in the back make it a little useless for me...

gpomp
08-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Gay "Super Handling All Wheel Drive" too...
why is SH-AWD gay?

4doorj
08-23-2008, 12:30 AM
man you've been looking for a suv forever now!
your rsx is looking really good now.. i say keep it and get a cheaper suv like a used crv!:thumbsup:

nj2Type-S
08-23-2008, 07:42 AM
i know, man! i'm torn between a used FX or a new RDX. i can't wait too long cuz someone is picking up my RSX off me next week or something. i'm really going to miss it, lol.

nj2Type-S
08-23-2008, 02:36 PM
i just got back from test driving the rdx and the wife and i absolutely love it! we considered the EX as well but it was just wayyy too pricey equipped with the navigation system.

the paddle shifters responded a bit slow but it was just way too fun, lol. it feels weird having torque especially compared to my rsx, lol. :D