PDA

View Full Version : Spider lamp..."not" getting one..

old&slow
08-22-2008, 08:14 PM
http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/08/22/twitching-spider-lam.html

An excellent spider light. It casts a red glow and dangerously twitches. And just look at this ad copy!

This spiders eight illuminated legs span 36" in diameter, four of which move slowly to create the simulacrum of careful, calculated movement as if stalking prey. The spiders thorax and abdomen conceal a stealthily quiet electric motor that drives a system of levers attached to the two front and two rear legs, creating a semblance of life as the legs twitch back and forth while the abdomen slowly rises and falls. Each leg is decorated with a string of incandescent purple lights rated for 1,000 hours of use; the spiders pedipalps have green lights.

Now that's copy you can be proud of. $69.95, which probably precludes me from buying 10 and tossing them into the bed of my toddling niece in the middle of the night, but surely the effect won't entirely be diminished with just one.

The 36 Inch Twitching Lighted Spider. [Hammacher]

dj_rice
08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Just seeing that I want to step on it and squish it...:thumbsdow :eek: :banghead: :guns:

A790
08-22-2008, 08:49 PM
I want one.

InLoveWitRSX
08-22-2008, 09:39 PM
haha do not want.

TomcoPDR
08-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Just seeing that I want to step on it and squish it...:thumbsdow :eek: :banghead: :guns: