PDA

View Full Version : Older Cars

wcthattan
08-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Do you think people believe older cars ex 90 95 imports are worth more than the newer ones? I have a hard time believing asking 5g for a 90 - 95 when you can get a early 00 for a few grand more.

4doorj
08-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Are we talking about civics?
if so, thats because 00+ sucks in the looks department
i actually prefer the 94-99
Plus i think people like the very light civics/integras over the heavier new civics/rsx's because of the modding potential(easier and cheaper to mod)

but if your not into the mod scene then yeah the 00+ is definitly the better deal

realazy
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes, Civics are overvalued in Canada and same with the 240sx. Usually younger people want them and the demand for them is higher. I guess it's just simple supply and demand.

Driven Sideways
08-23-2008, 03:39 PM
No! Imports of that year aren't worth a damn dime! They barely retain blue book value and it seems every fender bender I've seen for a while happens to be considered a write off.

Look here is my case. Your better off doing what I do for them range of cars. Go buy one that isnt running. Infact if it looks like total crap be even happier. You at least know what you are getting. Boom! New Honda $1,000. Its better than going out and getting a car thats $6,000, has a litttle razzle dazzle. Two weeks down the road! Poof you got a cute little import there but it means very little when it's not leaving the driveway. I'm not a big fan on paint. So many cars that look nice and drive for shit. I'm opposed. I got a little car with kick. But lets just say I am a long way from turning heads =/