PDA

View Full Version : Annoy-a-tron

Mixalot27
08-23-2008, 03:15 AM
Anyone ever used this gadget before to have some fun with a friend or coworker?

Its basically a small circuit board with a speaker which makes an annoying high pitched beep randomly every 2 to 8 minutes. Its pretty small and has a magnet so you can hide it easily and the fun ensues when they go crazy trying to find it and figure out what it is. I'm thinking of buying one to stash in my douchebag neighbors vehicle. lol

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8c52/

Spanishearl
08-25-2008, 09:24 AM
I bought one a few months back, and I have to say that it was the best $10 I have EVER spent!

I started by putting it inside the wall of the cubicle of my Team Lead and had the people close by all in on it says they didn't hear a beep. I moved it every week before he got in to keep him from finding it, which he never did.

After he left on medical leave (unrelated), I took it out and gave it to my friend who was visiting from Regina for work. He put it under the plastic of his bosses steering column the day they were getting ready to drive back to Regina from Ardrie. 9 hours of hearing a beep every 2-8 minutes.

His boss apparently couldn't turn the radio up loud enough to not hear that beep. When his boss got to Regina, he promptly took the truck into the dealership to find the beep. The dealership couldn't find anything, and never sat in long enough to listen for the beep. They told him there was nothing wrong with the truck after all their diagnostics.

Boss went to the doctor to get checked out. Thought that maybe it was in his head. After about a month of "beep", he took the truck in and got it replaced.

Yea.

Best $10 I ever spent.

LadyLuck
08-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks for posting this, theres an annoying beeping sound in my other office, started not that long ago.

If its one of these things, im gonna beat the fucker that planted it in there with my keyboard! :guns:

Spanishearl
08-25-2008, 10:03 AM
hehehe, It's not me! Mine is in a truck somewhere...