PDA

View Full Version : Negotiating with Telus Mobility

B18C
08-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm interested in the new Telus HTC Diamond. I've been doing some research and it seems some people are able to negotiate some really good deals on their plans. I want to buy the phone from Best Buy or Futureshop because they have the best deals on the phone but can I negotiate a phone plan with them? Or do I have to call Telus and negotiate a plan with them before going into FS to buy the phone? Have any telus customers on here had any success negotiating plans as a new activation?

nbaker00
08-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Tell them Rogers will give you a better deal.

supra_11
08-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I've had success with telus many times, i've went into southcentre mall into one of the stores and talked to an employee. Lets face most of their phones are overpriced, depending on how long you have been with telus you can use it against them.. Thats what i've done for my last 3 phones and it's worked everytime.

evoXfan
08-25-2008, 03:12 PM
If you are with telus already just go to FS or BB and buy the phone for whatever price they have and say keep your current plan, then call Loyalty and Retentions and tell them another competitor (Bell or Rogers) offered you this and that for this price and see if they can match it and tell them you bought a new phone. That's what I did for my last phone :thumbsup:

If you are new to telus just call Loyalty and Retentions and tell them you want to switch to telus or <insert another competitor name here>, and tell them the competitor offer you this and that for this price. After they make an offer to you ask them about the phone you want :thumbsup:

I was able to get, 250 minutes, free calls starting at 6pm, free text and features like caller ID and such for $20 (with telus for about 6 years). I initially asked for 200 text and 200 minutes but they threw in free text and another 50 minutes :nut:

JAYMEZ
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Just make sure you dont go to Telus in Market Mall , horrible service! I switched to Rogers just because they pissed me off when I was shopping for a phone and about to renew my Telus contract.

B18C
08-25-2008, 11:05 PM
I called Telus numerous times telling them that I'm interested in the Diamond and I want to try to negotiate a deal. They always say that they can only negotiate with me if I buy the phone from them and they will deliver the phone when it's in stock again (~1 week). I tell them that I want to pick one up from a store and they just tell me to go negotiate at the store.

Anyways, I went to BB today to get the Diamond. The girl says that I have 14 days to cancel my contract if I don't like it. I was just going to get the phone and then call retentions and see what they can do for me. What do you think?

GoChris
08-26-2008, 08:13 AM
you can return the phone in 14 days I believe, but I've never head of being able to cancel the contract, that'd be cool if that's the case however.

I hate telus, I switched to bell. I just hope bell gets the diamond soon, which rumour is they will since it's in their system according to some CSRs