PDA

View Full Version : bylaw officers - 1 : littledan - 0

littledan
09-09-2003, 02:00 AM
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbk/pics/ticket.jpg

Akagi Redsuns
09-09-2003, 07:45 AM
What did you do? Some comestic/performance mod got you a ticket?

ExtremeSi
09-09-2003, 09:07 AM
It looks like tinted windows. Thats getting pricey now if its just for that!

littledan
09-09-2003, 11:23 AM
yup.. it was just tinted windows, wasn't speeding or anything. they must have noticed going the other way and busted a u turn. worst thing is it was one of those big vans that busted me!! not even a cruiser. oh well, i knew this day would come...

pinoyhero
09-09-2003, 08:12 PM
$57 bucks for tint!!!!!!!!

I thought it was only 25

NickGT
09-09-2003, 08:23 PM
so are you gonna yank the tint off now?? i got a ticket for my driver/passenger windows tinted for 25 bux or something awhile back... tint was off the next day.. How long have you got away with it for? i hadnt even owned my car 2 weeks and i got nabbed. But it was at night, and it was foggy out so it looked worse than it was...

Ben
09-09-2003, 08:37 PM
post a pic of your car, how dark was the tint?

Fluidic
09-09-2003, 08:38 PM
I received a tint-ticket once. I think it was close to, if not a total sum of $57 bucks. I didn't bitch... I know it's illegal... but that was over a year ago... I still have it! ;) :bigpimp:

http://www.fluidicdigital.com/FluidicDigital/new%20wheels/picture9.jpg

Peter

ACS-e36
09-09-2003, 08:47 PM
lol i got a warning for mine... i woulda got a ticket of my grandma wasnt in my car :D

Dj_Stylz
09-09-2003, 09:36 PM
i thought they can only charge you for the tint if you are cought for something else so you cant be pulled over because of the tint.

Khyron
09-09-2003, 10:12 PM
They pull you over just for tint - it's easy to spot and a free ticket on their quota!

I've been nailed once (2 weeks after buying car) and wife got tagged on the way downtown at 9am on a sat (bastards). They were about 32 dollars I believe.

I'll keep mine on unless I get more than 2-3 tickets a year. I just consider it my tint tax.

Khyron

nickopolis
09-09-2003, 10:35 PM
in the states they have light meters that register howmuch ight gets through your windows i bet you could argue that in court since they can't prove it was letting in less light thenthey require(if there is one in canada) andif 57$ isworth your time.

Khyron
09-09-2003, 11:59 PM
The law in western canada has nothing to do with how dark it is. If there's a film on the front 3 windows past the drivers shoulders (technically even if its clear) you get the ticket. Both cops made me roll up the window a few inches to show the film. I even tried BSing the first one saying it was stock from VW that way (it came from the dealer) but she told me to stuff it.

Now, if you paid to have the actual glass smoked, I honestly believe it's legal (you'd get harassed tho).

A cop told me it was not because of the reduced visibility but because of how the film holds the glass if it shatters (I call BS on that tho...)

Khyron

James
09-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

Now, if you paid to have the actual glass smoked, I honestly believe it's legal (you'd get harassed tho).

A cop told me it was not because of the reduced visibility but because of how the film holds the glass if it shatters (I call BS on that tho...)

Khyron

TINT does hold glass together REALLY well, when my MR2 was trashed, the front and sides were shattered, but the back was together......but that is really lame, i heard its because the cops cant see in your car, so anything infront of the shoulders is illegal.

Fluidic
09-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

In my last car (my other Jetta) -- I had tint on my front windows. When I rolled my Jetta and when the front windows exploded/collapsed -- the tint was the only thing that prevented the million pieces of glass from going everywhere... so yah, I call bullshit...

Front window tint for life!! :bigpimp:

littledan
09-10-2003, 12:09 PM
here are some pics of my car... i had the tint on since i bought it in april and haven't been harrassed about it until now

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbk/pics/100_0016.JPG
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbk/pics/100_0017.JPG

i know it looks really dark at times but you can see through it

Fluidic
09-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Oh well... it looks nice... just keep your eyes peeled for the PoPo next time.

Live and learn. :)

HillBilly
09-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
$57 bucks for tint!!!!!!!!

I thought it was only 25

Thats not too bad actually. I got nailed for $160 for my side windows in Sk.

sexualbanana
09-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by James
but that is really lame, i heard its because the cops cant see in your car, so anything infront of the shoulders is illegal.

It's a safety risk to police. They can't tell what you're doing when they're approaching the car. That's also why they usually have their hand on their gun during night stops. I honestly believe that the visibility is an issue as well. When I'm stopped at a light next to someone with tinted sides, I can barely see the driver at night. Now I figure if I can't see him, he must have a hell of a time seeing pedestrians and such.

littledan
09-11-2003, 11:20 AM
just a quick question.. is the ticket supposed to be in the name of the driver or the registered owner??? On the ticket it doesn't say the make or model of the car anywhere... can't i dispute the ticket and show pics of another car i drive???

Fluidic
09-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Is this your first ticket or something? lol

Guy... you gotta pay... it's not a registered owner ticket -- on their copy of the ticket it describes the make and model.

Peter

Wildcat
09-11-2003, 11:53 AM
i got one for $32 bucks and i have %10 in the front :nut: , but i always drive with them down now (im a fairweather driver ;) )

Good to know that its $57 bucks now.... just dont get caught a second time otherwise they can writeup a $130 somethin ticket for "failure to maintain your vehicle", that was a while ago... who knows how much it is now... :dunno:

littledan
09-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Is this your first ticket or something? lol

Guy... you gotta pay... it's not a registered owner ticket -- on their copy of the ticket it describes the make and model.

Peter

ha.. that's the info i needed. no unfortunately it's not my first ticket. i had a speeding ticket a little over 3 years ago. so now my record is clean!! i'm pretty lucky though(knock on wood), i tend to be quite lead footed and have gotten off several times with just warnings. it's all about how you "talk" to the officer :poosie: ha

moose_8
09-21-2003, 09:23 PM
the give tickets for tint because you usualy can;t see you seat belts and other reasons but i like the look of all windows tinted so i can live with the ticket or just roll down your windows when cops drive by

00redLUDE
09-21-2003, 11:22 PM
My buddy just got a tint ticket not too long ago. It was for $114. I couldn't believe that!! :confused: I think it was his first time as well. I told him to fight it. That number is way too high.

Every province is different re: tint. I was in TO last year and there you can have tint in the front driver and passenger windows as long as it is reasonable and that you are able to make out the person in the car. Pretty vague rule, though.

Khyron
09-22-2003, 12:02 AM
I don't believe it's for officer safety. I mean, it's legal to PAINT the back 3 windows black, so does being able to see the driver make Bruno in the back with the sawed-off any more visable?

It's probably so that when they pull up beside you, they can give you the evil eye and make you nervous. Or racial profile you. :devil:

Khyron