08-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I have the Diamond, but it's not teh telus one
it looks great, has awesome features, but teh software is laggy at times

I personally like the non-telus more, just for the look

battery life is ok

teh telus diamond is also thinker i believe.. dunno why

GoChris
08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
telus is thicker, bigger batter, but should be faster than the gsm version, more ram/rom.

check out howardforums for more info

if you wait for it to be on bell...probably a few weeks, the data plan is cheaper for it but both are close.

B18C
08-25-2008, 11:00 PM
I really like the Diamond. Lots about it on howard forums. The Telus version is a lot less laggy apparently and you can tweak it to get some better performance out of it.

There seems to be some issues with battery life and apparently some people are having problems with it freezing up on them and stuff like that. There also seems to be a problem with the Opera browser when trying to switch to landscape mode but I'm sure that can and will easily be fixed in a rom update.

It's also running WM6.1 under the touchflo3d skin. Some people hate it some like it.

Overall seems like a good phone. iphone is really nice too but I like the size of the Diamond and the VGA screen is supposed to be really nice.

My biggest problem is with trying to deal with telus. They have been a pain. For that reason alone I might get an iphone instead.

Evolution17
08-25-2008, 11:16 PM
^^ exact reason why i bought the gsm verson... TELUS =P

89coupe
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM
First big issue with my HTC that will most likely force me to return the phone. The bluetooth is not compatible with my car.

I phoned HTC's hotline and apparently they have issues connecting to the Infiniti cars.

So if my rep can't find a solution I will be returning the phone tomorrow and going with a BlackBerry Curve.

DannyO
08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I'd get the iPhone, I have used pretty much every HTC phone out there and I find them all to be junk, including the Diamond, just feels like typical Winblows running laggy and having errors, iPhone or Blackberry FTW.

89coupe
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Returning my HTC Touch Diamond today. Won't work with my car's bluetooth.

I'm going to wait for the Blackberry Thunder.