PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1992 Red Suzuki Swift GT - 600kms on 30 Litres and peppy!

whatthe
08-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Vehicle Details
Year : 1992
Make and Model : Suzuki Swift GT 1.3 L DOHC
Exterior Color : Red
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : 5 Spd.
Odometer Reading : 253
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description : See Below
Extras : Spare parts
Asking Price : $2800 OBO

The car is the generally ultra hard to find GT with the bulletproof 4 cylinder 16 valve DOHC G13B.

Everything I see for sale says great mileage, so this car must be getting Super Great gasmileage. If you take it easy, 600kms or more on 30 litres is easy.

The car can serve as a great starting point if you want to learn to modify cars (cheap to modify and have spare parts), or it will serve as is as a daily driver for years to come.

4 wheel disc brakes that are huge for an 1800lb car
Koni adjustable shocks, Intrax Springs, Poly Bushes (this car rides stiff)
Great interior
Just about anything that would typically go has been replaced. Battery, hoses, seals, brakes, clutch, etc..
Compression test and leak-down test is good
Turbo kit is gone/sold. I wouldn't have touched the engine after the turbo kit, but a sub-par aftermarket aluminum cam gear didn't do it's job locating the gear (tore the cheap aluminum) and the valves met the pistons. I ended up using a different quality block and re-did the head completely (port work, etc.) about 10,000kms ago.
There is a 2.25" magnaflow cat and 2.25" exhaust (which I've added a restrictor to so it is quiter... it was more functional with the turbo)

I've been into Swifts for 8-9 years (had tons), ran a Swift forum, etc. If you need to know anything about Swifts... chances are, I know.

These are fanatastic cars and should last someone for a very long time. I don't really want to sell, and another car will just cost me money in every respect, but it's about time I moved on and this car found another home. I have a baby girl and it's easier if all of my cars have 4 doors right now (my Aristo is getting upgraded).

I have a lot of spare parts as well - cv shafts, alternator, starter, steel rims galore,etc. and stuff I've never installed (aftermarket toe bars, etc..)

For what is wrong with the car - the window is cracked, I live in Langdon and there are too many big trucks sending rocks at my windows to bother replacing it while I own it.

No rust issues, but the hood flew up when my friend didn't latch it when he owned it, so it shows up close. Also small ding by gas cap. Otherwise shiny, clean and ready to go.

Contact Information
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : 403-397-3295

Pictures :

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z268/whattheeee/DSCN1651.jpg

More pics to come

whatthe
08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
another pic showing other side

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z268/whattheeee/DSCN1647.jpg

whatthe
08-26-2008, 06:48 PM
engine pic, the intake wasn't for 'performance' per se. I played around with different pipe sizes until one gave the best gas mileage....

I've got 2 other valve covers in better condition than this one as well.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z268/whattheeee/DSCN1726.jpg

whatthe
08-27-2008, 04:36 PM
again, any spare Swift GT part I've accumulated goes with the car. I have to do an inventory of what's left (have parts in two different places), but you'll probably need another vehicle to take everything

spare chipped ECU included- more interested in economy or turbo, haven't put it in

spare Swift GT transmission included

should have spare block better for rebuild -

think I have 10 spare steelies with some kind of rubber on them. 4 have some older A032R compounds that are probably better to have fun burning on the street than auto-xing with.

spare swift GT seats (maybe for your Gran Turismo set up in the basement)

spare new water pump

whatthe
08-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Tentatively sold

bmeier
08-29-2008, 11:08 PM
PM me if the sale doesn't go through

whatthe
08-31-2008, 07:38 PM
gone... *sigh*

I hate looking for used cars and I need a 4 door..