PDA

View Full Version : Places to party in Van

kerry
08-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Looking for a club or two that'll be good for this upcoming weekend in Hong.... errr.... Vancouver.

Something with good music (Electro to Hip Hop to Top 40) but not full of douche bags.

Any suggestions?

sxtothe240
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM
go to pedo-central atlantis

heard plush is pretty good

wild coyotes

i spent 2 hours walking around downtown van after clubs closed looking for a fucking taxi that wasn't taken. sucks ass.

But tons of food late at night and random hot drunk bitches talk to you:thumbsup:

dansmith11
08-26-2008, 07:30 PM
atlantis.

most fun club ive ever been in.

awesome setup. good size dance floor, section of tables and stuff with no speakers pointed directly at it, so you can get off the floor and have some space where you can actually talk to people without screaming and yelling.

way better then wild coyote, unless you like partying under bridges haha kinda a sketchy location. lol

not sure how buddy figures atlantis its pedo-central haha. everytime ive been there its just been loaded with asian chicks.. always a good ratio of girls vs. guys.

also heard plush is supposed to be pretty cool in van, but ive never been there.

ZorroAMG
08-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Asian chicks?? In Van??

Get outta heeere.....

LOL

I don't go to "clubs" anymore but Glowbal/Afterglow is good, Sip resto lounge is good, ceilis has a different (better) vibe in Van than the one in Calgary, oh I guess republic and bar none for clubs...

jay42w8
08-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by dansmith11
atlantis.

awesome setup. good size dance floor, section of tables and stuff with no speakers pointed directly at it, so you can get off the floor and have some space where you can actually talk to people without screaming and yelling.

way better then wild coyote, unless you like partying under bridges haha kinda a sketchy location. lol

not sure how buddy figures atlantis its pedo-central haha. everytime ive been there its just been loaded with asian chicks.. always a good ratio of girls vs. guys.

also heard plush is supposed to be pretty cool in van, but ive never been there.

He said NOT full of douchebags. Atlantis is the LAST bar you
want to go to (specifically on a Saturday night). That bar is TRASH. The owners are trash, the patrons are trash, the promoters are trash. Hell, even some 25 yr old kid got stabbed to death there on the weekend. What is a 25 yr old kid doing there when the age range is 16-20 (like the guy I quote said, it IS pedo central, and the pedo's are the Nammer OG's and their minions of 90 pound high school proteges), how do I know all this, I used to go there lol.

If you're Asian and you're looking all Asian (no joke, club nights there are segregated by race)...I'd reccomend the old Sonar (66 Water St, not sure what it's called now) or Plush at the waterfront (though back then it was friday night all Brown, or Saturday night all Asian or the other way around, can't remember)....for a good mixed race crowd go to Plaza on Granville Street or lounge, go to Crush.

dansmith11
08-27-2008, 10:55 AM
guess it all depends what your standards are for clubs. lol

when your used to calgary bars, basically anything in van is better. even wild coyote under the bridge next to the train tracks is still better then most calgary clubs.

it all seems awesome when compared to this city.

Kona9
08-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Bar None

kenny
08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by kerry
Looking for a club or two that'll be good for this upcoming weekend in Hong.... errr.... Vancouver.

Any suggestions?

Well since you're probably going to be drinking heavily, I suggest anything along Davie Street. You'll probably find some hole to party in there.

sxtothe240
08-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by dansmith11
atlantis.

I guess you don't know this, but atlantis is KNOWN to have a bunch of underaged girls inside. Maybe you don't notice cause all the asian girls look young, lol

Antonito
08-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Well since you're probably going to be drinking heavily, I suggest anything along Davie Street. You'll probably find some hole to party in there.

:rofl:

jay42w8
08-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Don't forget to chill out around Stanley Park after the bar closes...lots of action there! :thumbsup:

kerry
08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
I would like to be around people that are not dicks. I really don't want to end up in a gang bar or anything. I heard Republic was wicked, but then again know nothing about van.

How bout mixed race? LOL

It's me and my best friend (who is white) so either way one of us would stick out like a sore thumb in a "race" bar. Never thought I'd see the day where I have to ask where it's cool for all races to hang out.

ZorroAMG
08-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Read my post.

jumperman8
08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Plush is so so, huge but you will feel like your in a club in compton! Its a bar where you can wear anything etc...also dont have big enough bars to support their capacity.

Au Bar is nice atmosphere, hot girls there, nicely mixed, bit smaller, but none the less impressive. Especially the great girls whos job it is to dance on the speakers in almost nothing all night.

Caprice is big, lots of girls, great atmosphere good DJ, very nice racial mix

Atlantis is not very racially mixed, lots of asains go there, although some of the hottest asian women are there.

Republik is so so tons of shit goes down there tho, compare to whyskey on problem level.

cielis is way better in Van then here, for sure check it out!

those would be the ones i would say check out. they are all pretty good tho

Another thing if you experienced any kind of racism trying to gain entrance into a club in van i would be very very surprised!! They will let anyone in, obviously keep in mind dress code, but they wont pick out dumb shit to make it obvious they are just not letting oyu in because of your race.

As far as gang bars go...remember your in Vancuver, HA runs almost everything, therefor if you see big guys in Christian Audiger or Smet or Affliction with lots of jewlery and chains...they you may find yourself surrounded with gang members.. lol

Big thing, Above mentioned clothing is considered "gang colors" in Van, so if your going out keep that in mind