PDA

View Full Version : OHV Fines??

snowboard
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
What are the fines for not having a headlight/spark arrestor and insurance reg on a dirt bike??

and what are the work arounds for these needed additions. cant oyu just zip tie a flash light on the front of your bike or something hahaha, my friends did it and got away with it i believe!

and do you need the spark thing on your tail pipe?

HHURICANE1
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
No registration, no insurance, no plates, numerous equipment violations = siezure and some wopping fines. Insurance etc. are the same as a car and the others are fairly expensive. And no, a flashlight won't do and you need a tail light as well.

snowboard
08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
No registration, no insurance, no plates, numerous equipment violations = siezure and some wopping fines. Insurance etc. are the same as a car and the others are fairly expensive. And no, a flashlight won't do and you need a tail light as well.

hmm, well looks like i have some mods to do tommorow. might as well make them nice :D

snowboard
08-28-2008, 12:49 PM
where can i find the info on making my bike trail legal??!?!

BlkMaxima
08-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
where can i find the info on making my bike trail legal??!?!

I don't think you "need" Headlights and tail lights for trails. But I have never done it so I don't really know.

I think there are kits that you can buy for dirtbikes to make them street legal though.

EacydeLude
08-28-2008, 01:01 PM
I just got a $57 ticket for no headlight. He could have gave me tickets for a bunch of other things too, but luckily he didn't.

legendboy
08-28-2008, 01:01 PM
the fines can be pretty steep if you run into a dick officer

if you run into a nice one he may just make you put your bike back on your truck

you can get away with a battery powered light but it has to look fairly legit

they never check if your lights actually works

and ya, you need to have valid plates and insurance, they check frame vin numbers...

snowboard
08-28-2008, 01:05 PM
lol my frame is not the original frame though? i have two.

I might just but a nice headlight so it doesnt look like shat.. and what about spark arrestors or whatever on the tail pipe?