PDA

View Full Version : Garden Sheds?

DeeK
08-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a few companies that specialize in building garden sheds. Reason for this, I have a few people requesting I build some garden sheds for them, except I have no idea what to charge, I'm looking to get quotes from these companies to get a rough idea.

I looked through the phone book but I only found larger companies that do only large projects and concrete/asphalt. etc etc.

Thanks.

alloroc
08-26-2008, 03:02 PM
http://shopping.canoe.ca/shop/products--catId_1001228__locale_en__sortBy_6.html

DeeK
08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
http://shopping.canoe.ca/shop/products--catId_1001228__locale_en__sortBy_6.html
You should read my post, I'm not looking to buy one, and I'm not looking for some prebuilt piece of crap tin can.

Although I do thank you for your input :)

project240
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
So you basically want to waste a (or several) contractor's time getting quotes you have no intention of ever using rather than figuring your own time and materials?

<sarcasm>

Good on you.

</sarcasm>

DeeK
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by project240
So you basically want to waste a (or several) contractor's time getting quotes you have no intention of ever using rather than figuring your own time and materials?

&lt;sarcasm&gt;

Good on you.

&lt;/sarcasm&gt;

No. Alot of these companies have offices (seriously), that have receptionists and price plans (like, no way), so when someone asks for a quote it's already set ahead of time. (imagine that)

I'm not asking for Joe schmoe to build me a shed, I'm looking for larger shed building companies that would be setting the price standard for the industry.

project240
08-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Well if you already know that, then call them!

DeeK
08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by project240
Well if you already know that, then call them!

Don't read too well, do you.

I'm looking for companies that do sheds! Not fences, or decks, or frame driveways... I have yet to find any of these companies that do sheds. Otherwise do you think I would waste my time posting here? I would have already been able to get it done.

I already flipped through the phonebook and found joe schmoe contractors, and decided against wasting their time. because the difference between their quotes would be HUGE anyways.

project240
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Seriously, figure it out for yourself. Every contractors overhead is different. Different materials are available.

Why not sit down figure out what you need, material costs, amount of time it will take to build and VOILA!!

Or you'd rather just post on here and have someone do it for you?

BrknFngrs
08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Phone totem and get them to give you a price on a garden shed package. Ask how long assembly time is and determine if you can do it in the recommended amount of time (ie: how handy are you, etc) Then decide what you think a reasonable markup is and tack it on to the price.

alloroc
08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by DeeK

You should read my post, I'm not looking to buy one, and I'm not looking for some prebuilt piece of crap tin can.

Although I do thank you for your input :)

Piece of crap tin can or not I am sure everyone who is asking you to build one is expecting you to build one cheaper than they can buy a piece of crap tin can - ergo set your prices accordingly.

edit: btw the 10 x 10 suncast shed with power package is a quality unit.