PDA

View Full Version : LF: Software development work

MrSulu
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for small 1 man development projects. I have been developing software professionally for the past 8 years. I was recently laid off for purely financial reasons and have taken a new job as a lead project manager. However that position will not be available for another three months and I would like to keep myself busy.

I can code on all mainstream platforms and architectures, as well as some exotic embedded ones. I'm familiar with a very long list of programming languages, especially the top 10 (java,c, c++, php, vb, perl, python, c#, javascript, ruby, ajax).

Whatever the project may be, web, desktop, server, embedded, I can handle it. I'm also a fairly competent web designer and can develop front-ends for web apps that require it.

Fire me off a PM if you're interested in my services. My prices will be very reasonable, since I am only looking for a light workload to keep busy.

Grogador
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
So you're getting EI? Donate your time to an open-source project :D :clap: :thumbsup: :bigpimp:

MrSulu
08-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Grogador
So you're getting EI? Donate your time to an open-source project :D :clap: :thumbsup: :bigpimp:

I do a lot of open source stuff, lately for maemo projects and small linux driver patches. I'm a huge open source supporter, and I contribute when I can. It's literally my retirement dream to relax all day and just code for open source projects. (Geeky, I know, but to each their own right?)

On the subject of EI... it's somewhat of a confusing situation. I have someone looking into it, but it sounds like I will not qualify. My employer paid out the remainder of my contract, so I am technically not unemployed until the final day of the contract. For me this wasn't ideal, because over half of my income came from bonuses. However, it works out to about the same as what EI would have. I'm really not an expert with taxes or anything of the sort, so I just had a friend look into it.

Grogador
08-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Right on, maybe try one of those project request/quote sites? I can't remember the name of it atm. We have some software/firmware/web positions but all full-time perm.

And yes, that is pretty geeky, but also pretty awesome :D

RoGZ
08-26-2008, 04:12 PM
SI Systems has some short contract stuff, might want to check them out