PDA

View Full Version : Unique whips, very unique indeed.

Graham_A_M
08-26-2008, 10:52 PM
http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122877

^ Duct tape, and other household goods for their install... incredible....
I'm by no means a "qualified" installer, but for fuck sakes, this is surreal. :nut:

schocker
08-26-2008, 10:57 PM
lol, that looks like what would happen if i tried to do a stereo install:rofl:

Redlined_8000
08-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Hopefully that thing wont transform into a Decepticon :rofl:

Hash_man
08-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Wow... :thumbsdow Thats brutal, especially for the money that was paid, that is insane. I would definately be pissed if that was my truck.

sxtothe240
08-26-2008, 11:25 PM
well over 100k for ducttape and unscrewed amps + rattle and shit job? hmmm

adam c
08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
Hopefully that thing wont transform into a Decepticon :rofl:

there's too much duct tape holding it together.. if it did manage to transform, the missing screws would make it fall apart

97'Scort
08-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Unique is a name brand now. You don't buy Prada or Gucci because they use exceptionally good child labour and their products will be durable and last a long time. You fork out the bucks because everyone wants it but few can have it.

Doesn't mean it's going to be good :) Support you local installers!

SCHIDER23
08-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Unique is a name brand now. You don't buy Prada or Gucci because they use exceptionally good child labour and their products will be durable and last a long time. You fork out the bucks because everyone wants it but few can have it.

Doesn't mean it's going to be good :) Support you local installers!

:werd:
I am not sure why i'm not suprised, I seen the show a few times and you can tell by the way they do their installation is not smooth, I remember an episode this kid brought his 350z to get some wheels, stereo, package done and wanted an estimate he was quoted at 20k and that was not even top end audio equipment :eek: way overpriced.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Holy hackjob, Batman!

vtec4life
08-27-2008, 08:54 AM
No wonder he gets fatter everytime i watch that show, he's gettin payed too damn much for sittin on his ass and eating catered food all day and night

dj_rice
08-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by vtec4life
No wonder he gets fatter everytime i watch that show, he's gettin payed too damn much for sittin on his ass and eating catered food all day and night

There was one episode where he was at his beachhouse, and he was on the boardwalk, on one of those seniors scooter mobile things....but I think he had surgery done on his leg or something..I THINK....even I aint that lazy...also he has a private chef at work and at his house....

em2ab
08-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

There was one episode where he was at his beachhouse, and he was on the boardwalk, on one of those seniors scooter mobile things....but I think he had surgery done on his leg or something..I THINK....even I aint that lazy...also he has a private chef at work and at his house....
Castro had surgery and was ordered by doctor not to walk. I've seen just about every episode of this show and one of the guys I know over on civicforums.com (Drew Mader) won the Unique contest a few years ago to go on the show and be an installer, though he left or got fired or something a short while later. I think he left. But after seeing that show and some of the terrible install jobs they do, I'm amazed they call themselves a shop. "Oh, you want the interior colour of your Escalade changed? No problem, I have a can of spray paint here......psssssssssssssss.......ya, we'll just leave it out on the lawn to dry......." There were times I simply watched in horror.

dj_rice
08-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Do they still have that head installer, Remi?Looked on the website but no info as site isn't updated

em2ab
08-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Remi's the shop manager, he's not going anywhere. He's a little bitch sometimes but doesn't get very far when he storms out. Sometimes it seems like they try to create drama to be like the Teutels.

Stunt66
08-27-2008, 02:23 PM
All reality shows are about drama. And I do agree that Remi needs to man up sometimes.

dj_rice
08-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Stunt66
All reality shows are about drama. And I do agree that Remi needs to man up sometimes.

There was that one episode where all the new guys started using his woodshop thing, so he started making his own table outside...then there was drama about that, he was all crying saying look this is my woodshop and you guys are all newbies taking over and I'm the OG RESPECT...and was gonna quit and etc...:rofl: :rofl:

em2ab
08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Ya, I'm amazed he doesn't even have ventilation in that thing. He works in a cloud of sawdust.

funkedelic2
08-27-2008, 03:29 PM
holy shit thats hack. I watch the show from time to time when nothing else is on but i have never been a huge fan of their work. I would be so pissed to find that on my vehicle after spending that much money :eek:

Graham_A_M
08-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
Remi's the shop manager, he's not going anywhere. He's a little bitch sometimes but doesn't get very far when he storms out. Sometimes it seems like they try to create drama to be like the Teutels.

Understatement of the year award. The show would be remarkibly monotonous if it wasn't for the added drama element. Its cool to watch one or two shows, after that I lost interest.

its funny, Remi pretty much runs everything, there is that brown guy that just orders people around, Remi is Unique whips pretty much.

em2ab
08-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Understatement of the year award. The show would be remarkibly monotonous if it wasn't for the added drama element. Its cool to watch one or two shows, after that I lost interest.

its funny, Remi pretty much runs everything, there is that brown guy that just orders people around, Remi is Unique whips pretty much.

I don't really like the drama, I watch it to see the installs and some of the ingenuity they do come up with sometimes, gives me ideas for my own installs. But a lot of the guys there play important roles, they wouldn't be anywhere without Buju either, he does all the fabric work. I was actually thinking about rolling out to their shop on Long Island a few months ago to check the place out but it would have been an hour drive if I remember correctly.........Queens bridge and no thank you.