PDA

View Full Version : buying first golf set

nagooro
08-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Looking to buy my 1st set of clubs, any recommendations on brands and stores?

civicHB
08-26-2008, 11:36 PM
If you just want a beginner set head to canadian tire and they have some decently priced ones. Probably $150-200, start cheap and see how often you use them, then buy better ones if you will use them

trieuth
08-26-2008, 11:39 PM
if you are actually serious about golfing, just buy a decent set from golf town or nevada bob's when they have a sale. If you dont need one right away wait until boxing day, they usually have sick deals. Don't start with a shitty set, it is a waste of money.

bluetek
08-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Adam's is a pretty good starting out set for a good price too. I would check those out if I were you, prolly a bit more forgiving than some of the others that are out there.

Pacman
08-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Buy a used set of Ping Eye 2's on Ebay for $250.

If you enjoy playing and want to continue.....keep the irons and upgrade the woods (or keep playing them if you like hitting them).

If you decide not to continue, re-sell them on Ebay for exactly what you paid for them.

beyond_ban
08-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I got a right handed set of founders if your interested. Used twice and i could let them go for $150. PM if interested.

dezmarez
08-28-2008, 10:13 PM
the problem with a first set of clubs is they dont last that long
if anyone still has their first set of golf clubs from canadian tire or sport chek have a look at your irons
the alloys used arent the greatest and they begin to warp on the front...so if your serious about sticking with golf i would suggest what everyone else is suggesting and get a decent set from golf town or something