PDA

View Full Version : Honda Fit Reviews?

sdiep
08-27-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm looking into getting a Honda Fit.

Does anyone own one and have any feedback on it? How much did you end up paying for yours?

I've heard great reviews of them from other websites.

drtoohotty1
08-27-2008, 11:35 AM
N/M

Redlyne_mr2
08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
just ask rage2
and he will tell you he has a Yaris.

drtoohotty1
08-27-2008, 11:41 AM
fuck, N/M

Mr_ET
08-27-2008, 11:45 AM
That he bought for his brother and he modified quite a bit to really make it work for him.

I own a Fit and think it's a fantastic little car. Bigger than the Yaris for interior room and loading capacity, much better dash layout with the instruments in front of you, magic seats, stiffer suspension and much more responsive handling and a comparable price.

The Yaris is about the same for peppiness but a slight bit better on gas.

I think they are both good little commuter cars and it comes down to how you like your suspension and the interior/exterior to look.

For me looking at the Yaris it wasn't even an option, for other, they will tell you the same about the Fit.

avow
08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
keep in mind the upgraded 2009 honda fit is out really soon, they even have it on the honda.ca website now. first wild shots: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/20/ab-first-drive-2009-honda-fit-sport/

also the honda city could be coming to canada: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/25/spy-shots-2009-honda-city-fully-revealed/

toastgremlin
08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
I think the 09 Fit is actually out now, they bumped up the release date because it's getting difficult to find 08s left on lots.

It's by far the best of the economy cars, and I liked my test drive with the Sport. There's also a lot of parts coming down the pipe from the regular crowd of Honda tuners.

Not sure what you're looking for out of the car, but the TTAC review (http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/honda-fit-sport/) of the Fit convinced me to take a look at one.

imjimmylin
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
How's it in the winter?

Sorath
08-27-2008, 12:43 PM
09 fits wont land till mid to end september. i work at t and t honda, if u need any questions i can help you guys

Ferio_vti
08-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by imjimmylin
How's it in the winter?

Colder outside.

Weapon_R
08-27-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd prefer a Yaris over the fit. The hatch looks a lot better and its less money.

dino_martini
08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
The new 09 looks really good. Like it has a bit of Civic Type R styling.

Ferio_vti
08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
here's (p)review of the 09:
http://jalopnik.com/5039555/2009-honda-fit-first-drive-part-two

Mr_ET
08-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I'd prefer a Yaris over the fit. The hatch looks a lot better and its less money.

Everyone who is selecting the Yaris seems to be doing so only for looks not because it's a better offering overall. I would also expect the Yaris to be a little bit less money because it is smaller than a Fit.

Antonito
08-27-2008, 01:11 PM
A friend of mine has a Fit, he loves it. He says it's quick for an econo car and surprisingly fun to drive. For comfort and interior size, I think it's pretty good as well.

And as a bonus, if you just can't help yourself, performance parts for it are surprisingly cheap compared to some other cars.

Masked Bandit
08-27-2008, 01:28 PM
I've had a few clients buy them in the last year and they have been quite happy to date. If I was in the market for a little puddle jumper, this would be on the short list.

sdiep
08-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Seeing that the 09's are coming out in mid-September, is it better to wait? Or simply get what is on the lot now.

4doorj
08-27-2008, 01:40 PM
i say wait
get a 09 if your going to get a fit

nj2Type-S
08-27-2008, 01:44 PM
i'm not too crazy about the looks on the 09 fits...maybe it's just me, lol.

sdiep
08-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
i'm not too crazy about the looks on the 09 fits...maybe it's just me, lol.

http://www.motortrend.com/photo_gallery/112_0803_2009_honda_fit_comparison_gallery/index.html

The interior looks good, but yeah, the side view looks odd for me.

But seeing that the 09 is coming out soon, don't they need to get rid of the 08, so I can easily get a deal then?

Ferio_vti
08-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by sdiep

But seeing that the 09 is coming out soon, don't they need to get rid of the 08, so I can easily get a deal then?

Probably not. Honda probably doesn't have trouble selling Fits. Not like it's an SUV or truck with plenty in stock.

alloroc
08-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET

Everyone who is selecting the Yaris seems to be doing so only for looks not because it's a better offering overall. I would also expect the Yaris to be a little bit less money because it is smaller than a Fit.

The Yaris:
We went with the 08 Yaris for my Wife's commuter car. We chose it because the 08's still have the green rebate and the abundance of glove boxes. The center dash I find to be a plus. The instruments can be read with less eye movement but others will find it ackward I am sure. A downside is the electronic display of things like the fuel guage. There are not enough graduations for my liking and once you get down to the last bar judging how much fuel you have is kind of hit and miss. Handling is a bit sloppy but if you ignore the body roll can pop in and out of lanes in a hurry if you are so inclined.

The plus side for the fit:
The fit's interior is without a doubt of a higher finish and although the steering wheel gets in the way of the guage cluster the guages themselves are much nicer and easier to read.

Similarities:
Both are "Cute" and without some serious aftermarket love (IE Rage's Bento Box) I consider them both complete woman's cars. Being that both have timing chains both are very reliable and will continue to be so for a long time to come.

sdiep
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

The Yaris:
We went with the 08 Yaris for my Wife's commuter car. We chose it because the 08's still have the green rebate and the abundance of glove boxes. The center dash I find to be a plus. The instruments can be read with less eye movement but others will find it ackward I am sure. A downside is the electronic display of things like the fuel guage. There are not enough graduations for my liking and once you get down to the last bar judging how much fuel you have is kind of hit and miss. Handling is a bit sloppy but if you ignore the body roll can pop in and out of lanes in a hurry if you are so inclined.

The fit's interior is without a doubt of a higher finish and although the steering wheel gets in the way of the guage cluster the guages themselves are much nicer and easier to read.

Similarities:
Both are "Cute" and without some serious aftermarket love (IE Rage's Bento Box) I consider them both complete woman's cars. Being that both have timing chains both are very reliable and will continue to be so for a long time to come.

Green rebate? Care to elaborate?

Sorath
08-27-2008, 02:57 PM
u get 1000 dollars back from the government for eco rebate. u also get that with the fit, but only the manual

Xtrema
08-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by sdiep

The US got 09 a month early because they ran out of Fits to sell. I think Canada would be in the same boat. Doubt there are many choice left on the lot if any.

alloroc
08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Handling as per motor trend

The Fit, however, is the agile go-kart-like handler of this test: it ran the slalom at 64.1 mph, a speed 2.1mph higher than the Yaris's and 3.5 better than the Versa's.

Acceleration - Automatics as per motor trend.

The Nissan has the second best weight-to power ratio, but its gearing advantage over the four-speed Toyota made it the best performer at the track, reaching 60 mph in 9.7 seconds, over two seconds faster than the Fit (11.9) and 0.7 second faster than the Yaris. It also clinched the quarter mile, reaching that distance in 17.4 seconds at78.6 mph. The middle-of-the-road Yaris came in second-best in acceleration, braking, and handling.

Acceleration - Standard transmissions as per road and track

At our test track, the Yaris flat-out smoked the other two to 60 mph, taking 8.5 seconds against the Fit’s 9.0 and the Versa’s 9.1. Aside from its obvious lack-of-weight advantage (it weighs only 2295 lb.!), that quick time was achieved because the gearing of the Yaris’ 5-speed manual transmission allowed it to hold 2nd gear to 60 mph, while the 6-speed Versa and shorter-geared 5-speed Fit required shifts to 3rd. Things start to even out by the quarter mile, and by the time these cars hit 100 (wait for it…and then wait some more), the Versa edges ahead with a 25.5-sec. run, beating the Yaris by 0.2 sec. and the Fit, which feels dead-slow at that speed, by 2.1 sec. Although none of them will set your hair on fire with speed, all three are quicker than the Toyota Prius, Honda Civic Hybrid, Scion xB and Volkswagen Jetta 2.5.

nj2Type-S
08-27-2008, 03:30 PM
there's a few honda sales reps here on the boards. ask each one of them what the best they can do for you but like previously mentioned, these things sell like hot cakes so you probably won't save much.

sdiep
08-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, they go fast.

I went to the Red Deer Honda dealership last night. Salesguy wasn't really helpful though. And has only one 2008 fit left. Kind of an ass about it too. Whatever.

Honda Fit 2008, Automatic LX. $20,364.00.

a social dsease
08-28-2008, 11:03 AM
I loooove fits, they look so cute. Theres one I always see parked by the pizza place on 26th/29th in killarney, stock but with bronze rims, sooo hot!:thumbsup:

TorqueDog
08-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by a social dsease
I loooove fits, they look so cute. That comment is reason enough for a male to never, ever buy one. :D

Mr_ET
08-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by alloroc

The Yaris:

Similarities:

was interior space a criteria when you selected the Yaris? For me it was the interior layout, the cargo space and the handling that sold me on the Fit. It also felt much less girly than the Yaris and it has a ton more aftermarket support.

I also got the eco rebate when I bought mine:D

Darkane
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Wait for the '09 fits. Performance should be the best out of all 3 now. +10HP I think.

10hp isn't alot but it's about a 9% improvement!

dinglenuts
08-28-2008, 05:53 PM
we've got an 07 fit with sport package. Pd 21,000 plus or minus. For a small a to b car, we love it! my wife drives it to work and we use it for all our weekend outings with two dogs and occasional passengers, gets rediculous mileage and it is kinda fun to drive. Has a great stock shifter, handles pretty good, decent stereo etc. Best econo box i've ever owned and the interior is almost as big as my 97 grand cherokee. Seriously.