PDA

View Full Version : Spotted GT-R

kflackseven
08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Not sure how well seen this one has been but it was at the Westhills / Signal hill shopping center Earls on the 24th it was there for id say a good 45 min at least damn it was a beauty hard to walk away after taking the pics prior to taking the pics there was like 8 people just standing around it.

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v329/208/71/749105653/n749105653_3995213_8782.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v329/208/71/749105653/n749105653_3995214_9117.jpg

:clap: :hitit:

dj_rice
08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Was at a Nissan dealership last week taking a look at this and talking to one of the detail guys, said an oil change on this is $400...WTF!

BigDannyCool
08-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Was at a Nissan dealership last week taking a look at this and talking to one of the detail guys, said an oil change on this is $400...WTF!

I think it costs more than that.

TorqueDog
08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Is it just me or is it kind of... underwhelming? I mean, for a car that's been touted as the second coming of Christ, it sure isn't anything that really makes me sit up and take notice.

I think the dark grey metallic paint with graphite wheels actually dulls the car down.

arian_ma
08-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I actually think it overwhelms...have you seen how huge that thing is? It puts the Titanic to shame FFS.

TorqueDog
08-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I actually think it overwhelms...have you seen how huge that thing is? It puts the Titanic to shame FFS. Literary fail. That's not what 'underwhelming' refers to.

What I mean is that I expected this car to have some sort of presence, which... well look at it. It doesn't at all. If it weren't for the wicked drivetrain, you wouldn't even look twice.

SilverBoost
08-27-2008, 04:25 PM
It is what it is. It doesn't need to scream to have sex appeal. The numbers do that. I actually like the fact that it's slightly subtle. (depending on how you define subtle) Of course this is coming from someone who's car is far from any definition of being subtle. :D

Anyway, congratulations to Nissan because all the hype that is/was out there, was all by plan. But in this case, looks are subjective, but the car itself overall delivers on the expectations IMO.

anarchy
08-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Literary fail. That's not what 'underwhelming' refers to.

What I mean is that I expected this car to have some sort of presence, which... well look at it. It doesn't at all. If it weren't for the wicked drivetrain, you wouldn't even look twice.

I see where you're coming from.

But I dunno, I kinda like that it's not too much. It doesn't need to be the batmobile to be the next coming of Christ lol.

I think it's simple and clean, but still looks aggressive imo.

:hitit:

arian_ma
08-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Literary fail. That's not what 'underwhelming' refers to.

Thanks, I know what underwhelm means, and frankly, if you think about what I posted, it makes perfect sense. Wouldn't you look twice at a boat in the middle of a road? (And if you didn't catch THAT one either, by boat I mean a car larger than most. Case and point: the Hummer.)

TorqueDog
08-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks, I know what underwhelm means, and frankly, if you think about what I posted, it makes perfect sense. Wouldn't you look twice at a boat in the middle of a road? (And if you didn't catch THAT one either, by boat I mean a car larger than most. Case and point: the Hummer.) 1. Your use of 'overwhelming' didn't make any sense, whether you thought it did or not.
2. Our society is defined by a need to have the bigger, better everything. A big vehicle isn't much of an attention grabber these days; they're everywhere. The 6-Series BMW, Astons and Jag coupes, the Continental GT, they're not exactly 'small'. Difference is that most of those cars have a presence... this not so much.

Hence, underwhelming.

arian_ma
08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
I think we have different definitions of the word, so I am going to stop arguing with you.

dino_martini
08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
:drool:

TorqueDog
08-27-2008, 04:55 PM
I think we have different definitions of the word, so I am going to stop arguing with you. Agreed. No need to debate the dictionary since it says that I'm right.

lol. http://members.shaw.ca/j.parkes/hitler.gif

SNAATCH
08-27-2008, 05:13 PM
1. Your use of 'overwhelming' didn't make any sense, whether you thought it did or not.
2. Our society is defined by a need to have the bigger, better everything. A big vehicle isn't much of an attention grabber these days; they're everywhere. The 6-Series BMW, Astons and Jag coupes, the Continental GT, they're not exactly 'small'. Difference is that most of those cars have a presence... this not so much.

Hence, underwhelming.

How does this car not have a presence? It may not be gorgeous, but it still stands out like crazy. Guaranteed you WOULD look twice.

TorqueDog
08-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by SNAATCH
How does this car not have a presence? It may not be gorgeous, but it still stands out like crazy. Guaranteed you WOULD look twice. I guarantee that you're in no position to make such a guarantee. :nut:

It just doesn't jump out at me like any other sports car does. It looks good, it just doesn't have that special something.

I don't know what it's missing....

A-ha! Figured it out!
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6712/gtrjuliehoicm5.jpg

THAT'S what it was missing.

But in all seriousness, no, the car really does nothing for me. It's a marvel and an achievement in automotive performance, I'll certainly give it that... but in terms of WOW factor, it gets about a 3/10 from me.

C4S
08-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I guess .. jsut take time .. in a month or so .. or say early next spring .. won't be another " WOW I SAW A GTR " post ..

When I first saw the GTR last yr ... I was " oh, it looks pretty good .. but not as OUTSTANDING as R34 or so .. "

Then saw it so many time, and usually in "non high end" area, ( in HK and Japan ) ...

I guess this is the diff .. when u see a Covette or Mustang in Tokyo .. people will "WOW" and when I was watching a show, taking about HIGHEND are in Japan .. they show the parking lots with Ferrari .. Porsche .. and then a MUSTANG .. :(

I guess same as here, when MUSTANG and Corvette etc are our "DOMESTIC" cars .. GTR is just something special for people here .. but for sure, if you are asian .. you won't care about a GTR that much .. :dunno:

It is a good bargain for power .. and still a sharp looking car .. :)

kflackseven
08-28-2008, 12:27 AM
omg this car in black pops out it looks like its so ready to let all those horses play

CTSV
08-28-2008, 10:02 PM
I was looking at the car with model picture. I had to do a double take on the license plate. I thought it read "WIMP 70"
Then I realized there was no "I".

ShermanEF9
08-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Well... Now that the GTR is landed and every rich soul in calgary has one.... an R33 is going to catch my attention more then the new GTR.

Aleks
08-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SNAATCH

How does this car not have a presence? It may not be gorgeous, but it still stands out like crazy. Guaranteed you WOULD look twice.

Here is a review from Ontario. Sounds like the normal public could care less about the car and it flies under the radar. Only people that drool/notice are car guys.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/ctc/blog/sports-cars/2009-Nissan-GTR.htm

dj_rice
08-28-2008, 11:16 PM
For those that have bought one, was the $81,900 the starting price or did dealers jack it up and what dealership?

TorqueDog
08-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Here is a review from Ontario. Sounds like the normal public could care less about the car and it flies under the radar. Only people that drool/notice are car guys.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/ctc/blog/sports-cars/2009-Nissan-GTR.htm That's somewhat the point I was trying labourously to make. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

5t3v3
09-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by C4S

I guess this is the diff .. when u see a Covette or Mustang in Tokyo .. people will "WOW"

Yah, I went to Tokyo last year and PT Cruiser was so popular it's everywhere. :nut: :dunno: :barf:
Of all cars, they like that monstrosity?

TorqueDog
09-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Have you SEEN some of the shit they do to cars in Japan? There are wings that make the rear wing on the old Plymouth Super Bee look like a lip spoiler. :rofl:

Inzane
09-03-2008, 09:06 AM
That's somewhat the point I was trying labourously to make. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

I agree with what you've been saying.

And this statement from the article drives home my stance:

" it seems like you need to know what it is to “get it.” "

max_boost
09-03-2008, 09:23 AM
It's a big coupe with a GTR name and 500hp. While it's a wicked package, $80K, sure. $120K current market rate, you have to be crazy. :nut:

TorqueDog
09-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Inzane
I agree with what you've been saying.

And this statement from the article drives home my stance:Thing is though, even though I 'get it', I still don't find myself pining to own one anytime in the future.

dj_rice
09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Thing is though, even though I 'get it', I still don't find myself pining to own one anytime in the future.

Okay we get it, you don't like the new GTR and think it sucks and that your BMW M5 is the greatest car ever built

Jlude
09-03-2008, 10:43 AM
For those that have bought one, was the $81,900 the starting price or did dealers jack it up and what dealership?

My friend ended up paying 100k for his... and I believe that is HIS GTR in the pic. He lives in that area.

I called him a couple days ago to ask about it... lets just say he likes it... but doesn't love it.

sk8r3124
09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Silver GTR outside Oriental Pheonix in the SW as we speak. just in case anyone wants to check it out on their lunch break.

dj_rice
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by sk8r3124
Silver GTR outside Oriental Pheonix in the SW as we speak. just in case anyone wants to check it out on their lunch break.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Its just a GTR guy

TorqueDog
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Okay we get it, you don't like the new GTR and think it sucks and that your BMW M5 is the greatest car ever built Did I say that? No, I didn't, did I. Grow up, twit.

Gibson
09-03-2008, 07:23 PM
There was one parked in the Stadium Nissan lot this morning with a great big SOLD sign on it. Silver.

dj_rice
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Did I say that? No, I didn't, did I. Grow up, twit.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Okay skallywag

E36M3
09-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Guess you could just check the dictionary:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/underwhelm

Agreed. No need to debate the dictionary since it says that I'm right.

lol. http://members.shaw.ca/j.parkes/hitler.gif

gqmw
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
Guess you could just check the dictionary:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/underwhelm

Perhaps when he said overwhelm, he meant it came across as being too much due to its size. So it doesn't create a desired effect...?

I don't even know if I'm making sense haha.

thordin
09-03-2008, 10:29 PM
:thumbsdow

R34 FTW. The new GTR just looks like a Decepticon all mashed up.

TorqueDog
09-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by gqmw

Perhaps when he said overwhelm, he meant it came across as being too much due to its size. So it doesn't create a desired effect...?

I don't even know if I'm making sense haha. Using overwhelm in that context doesn't really make sense, no.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/overwhelm

rmk
09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Spotted this earlier today. Didn't want to make another GT-R thread.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/gsr_ryan/P9140069.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/gsr_ryan/P9140070.jpg

adamc
09-14-2008, 06:09 PM
rmk coming to play with yet another great spotted shot!

:thumbsup:

Orion12
09-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I was driving behind one the other day. I thought it was ok looking. It's quite a big car though. Similar in size to the new Dodge Charger or 300.

nich148_9
09-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by rmk

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/gsr_ryan/P9140070.jpg

Is that second one just a crop of the full-size of the first, or do you have a lens with some wicked-ass zoom?

Kobe
09-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Spotted this earlier today. Didn't want to make another GT-R thread.

Nice, do you guys have a few of the other side 2? I don't get it hahaha, or do you know someone with that view...

BTW that was me in the parkade today, I didn't know it was you until you opened your car up, and I was in my eclipse...

rmk
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

Nice, do you guys have a few of the other side 2? I don't get it hahaha, or do you know someone with that view...

BTW that was me in the parkade today, I didn't know it was you until you opened your car up, and I was in my eclipse...

Hey dude,

It was shot from the window by the elevator on the 9th floor :D I had heard that you lived somewhere in the building from Canmorite, but had never seen you around. We should all grab a beer sometime. adamc included!

Nick: They are two different pics. The second one just zoomed in from my little point 'n shoot.

Kobe
09-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by rmk

Hey dude,

It was shot from the window by the elevator on the 9th floor :D I had heard that you lived somewhere in the building from Canmorite, but had never seen you around. We should all grab a beer sometime. adamc included!

Nick: They are two different pics. The second one just zoomed in from my little point 'n shoot.
Does he live in the same building? Yah I got the Yamaha R6 that has a nice flat tire and won't turn on and the Eclipse..

jsn
09-15-2008, 11:26 PM
No pics but i saw a red one the other day with a man who looked to be in his 50s driving. I followed it from downtown all the way up bow trail until it turned into Shagganapi golf course. To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of the styling, but seeing it in person, it seems pretty damn nice IMO

imjimmylin
09-15-2008, 11:33 PM
I think I saw the same one as you jsn.

It was a night but I saw it on the corner of Crowchild and Stoney Trail. I thought it looked pretty damn good. I even rolled down the windows and muted the music just to listen to the sound!

Dumbass17
09-15-2008, 11:36 PM
i do NOT like the front fendres..wtf

S13_Ryan
09-15-2008, 11:45 PM
^^ yeah. front fenders are what ruins it for me. but from that angle in the pic above you can't really see them. the car looks wicked from that above angle:thumbsup:

got a chance last friday to walk right up to one. Nissan had some sort of a little convention going on in deerfoot meadows parkinglot by ikea. Car is growing on me now.:thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
09-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Saw one up close at the Nissan test drive thing in deerfoot meadows on Sunday, can't say anything but the engine impressed me. I was looking over the 2 door altima more than the GTR.

V6-BoI
09-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Just a grey one in a parking lot by my parent's work. Damn that car looks even better in person.