PDA

View Full Version : Bell - LG 830 Vantage VS. Samsung M800 Instinct

FallenAngel
08-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Posted this a few days ago on HowardForums.com, but haven't had a single response.

Looking for opinions on my next phone. This will be primarily for business use, mostly phonecalls although texting is always a very useful alternative. My business plan is with Bell Canada, so I am somewhat limited in my choice of phones. My phone shopping was expedited by the fact that my Motorola just powered itself off and refuses to power back on, even with a full battery.

Eventually I reduced my choices to the following two phones:

LG 830 Vantage includes:
• Travel adapter,
• Standard lithium-ion battery,
• 512MB microSD memory card with adapter,
• Data cable,
• Stereo headset, and
• Quick start guide.

Samsung Instinct includes:
• travel charger,
• standard lithium-ion battery (1000 mAh),
• charging data cable,
• stereo headset,
• stylus pen,
• 2GB Micro SD card pre-loaded with music,
• quick reference guide, and
• full user guide.

I am curious which one of these phones offers a better touchscreen interface, user menu interface, MP3 player, and voice quality. I have a feeling that there are many features on either phone that I will probably not end up using, although I am sufficiently nerdy enough to fiddle around with them and learn to love them.

Some additional notes, mostly my own opinions based on research and playing with other peoples' phones:

• The LG Vantage touchscreen seems to be difficult to scroll up and down
• Bell seems to have placed their own crappy MP3 player on their phones
• Samsung Instinct is said to be impossible to load custom ringtones (true?)

One final piece of data: The Samsung is about 150% more expensive than the LG, which may factor into my final decision.

Thanks in advance!

spike98
08-27-2008, 06:05 PM
If you are planing to use it for business i wouldnt use anything other than a blackberry IMO.

avishal26
08-27-2008, 09:34 PM
^ :werd:

Even if you don't use it for business.. a Blackberry is the most user-friendly and smart smart-phone I've ever used.