PDA

View Full Version : Question for the OEM > * people

drewb
08-28-2008, 01:31 AM
How do you feel about in house tuning departments such as Nismo, TRD, Mazdaspeed, Mugen etc.

or very specialized tuning companies such as Spoon, RE Amemiya, RUF etc.

?

Redlyne_mr2
08-28-2008, 01:34 AM
:thumbsup:

buh_buh
08-28-2008, 01:37 AM
its not about the company, its about the reliability and daily drivability.

max_boost
08-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Waits for richardchan2002 to post lol

JordanAndrew
08-28-2008, 02:55 AM
Well this is going to be bias but :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
08-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

:thumbsup:

I second this...

88CRX
08-28-2008, 09:33 AM
LOL

Eleanor
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Mugen is not in-house.

As for this, I don't think Richard minds quality aftermarket stuff.

I think his logic is that people (especially young people) blow way too much money on crap for their cars that actually decreases the quality of their cars like when they slam cheap suspension to drop the shit out of their car or slap a turbo on it and blow their engine.

If you stick to quality names and not cheap knock-offs I think you'll be okay. Companies like Spoon & HKS make quality products and do tons of R & D for their stuff.

On an unrelated note, 88CRX was it you who I saw on NB shaganappi a couple days ago? (I was on the Blue & Silver CBR)

If so your car looks better in person then it does in the picture in your sig :thumbsup:

TorqueDog
08-28-2008, 11:01 AM
In-house tuners are nice because your warranty isn't compromised if something breaks.

Tuning houses like RUF are interesting in that they actually release their models as entirely new cars, offering a new warranty and everything (this is also why video games that don't have a Porsche license can feature RUF vehicles). Kinda cool.

Then there's tuners like DINAN which aren't in-house (M-division would be considered the in-house tuner), but have a close relationship with BMW to offer performance upgrades that leave your warranty intact.

For my money, I'd sooner go with a warranty-friendly solution. But once the warranty is out of the question, go nuts!

gpomp
08-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
its not about the company, its about the reliability and daily drivability. that's right, the company has nothing to do with it.

buh_buh
08-28-2008, 02:16 PM
well its not about the name dumbass.
If Mugen made a shitty unreliable product, does it make it wicked awesome just because its Mugen? I think that makes you gpomp, a ricer.

Skyline_Addict
08-28-2008, 02:24 PM
lol

Eleanor
08-28-2008, 02:57 PM
If Mugen made a shitty unreliable product, does it make it wicked awesome just because its Mugen?
Yes, yes it does. Just ask A2VR6 :rofl: :poosie:

88CRX
08-28-2008, 03:00 PM
If Mugen made a shitty unreliable product, does it make it wicked awesome just because its Mugen? I think that makes you gpomp, a ricer.

You right.... Mugen has made shitty products in the past.

And your also right on the fact that gpomp is a ricer.

Originally posted by Eleanor

On an unrelated note, 88CRX was it you who I saw on NB shaganappi a couple days ago? (I was on the Blue & Silver CBR)

If so your car looks better in person then it does in the picture in your sig :thumbsup:
uuuuh? On Saturday morning yea that was me.... we were on the cool cars cruise for cancer thing. Thanks.

Eleanor
08-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
uuuuh? On Saturday morning yea that was me.... we were on the cool cars cruise for cancer thing. Thanks.
Nope, it was on Tuesday IIRC. Is there another white EP3 with white wheels in town?

gpomp
08-28-2008, 04:38 PM
If Mugen made a shitty unreliable product, does it make it wicked awesome just because its Mugen? I think that makes you gpomp, a ricer. wtf, i was agreeing with you... :banghead:

Originally posted by 88CRX
And your also right on the fact that gpomp is a ricer. says the guy with $20k of exterior mods with a stock motor. :rofl:

The Cosworth
08-28-2008, 04:39 PM
its not about the company, its about the reliability and daily drivability.

:werd:

That is what it is all about

88CRX
08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Nope, it was on Tuesday IIRC. Is there another white EP3 with white wheels in town?
Must be.... cause it wasn't me. And appently it's alot nicer :rofl: haha :D

Originally posted by gpomp

says the guy with $20k of exterior mods with a stock motor. :rofl:
Zing!