PDA

View Full Version : FS: Near Mint 2000 SiR

the_fornicator
08-28-2008, 03:28 AM
Up for sale is a near mint 2000 SiR. Car is located in Edmonton.

Note: Seller is located in Germany but will be in Edmonton the entire month of October. Willing to drive to Calgary/Red Deer for serious buyers.

Details:
- Silver 2000 SiR
- 83,xxx original kms
- 5spd
- 3rd owner
- AC, cruise control, power locks, power doors, heated mirrors, sunroof, power mirrors, tilt, etc., etc. (AC still super cold and the heat still super hot)
- Mature owner.
- Only seen 3 winters.
- No rust (not one spec)
- Always mobil1 2000-5000 kms.
- All maintenance receipts provided.

Mods: (if you want to call them "mods")
- Koni yellows
- H&R sports
- 17" konig verdits w/ kuhmo 712's (205/40/17) -over 70% tread.
- AEM CAI (less than 3K on the new filter)
- 15% tint in the rear windows and 85% tint in the front w/ a front brow (tint still perfect -no bubbles).
- Skunk2 front and rear strut bars.

Desc:
- I've babied this thing from day 1. It was my favorite model of civic since high school so I definitely took care of the car. Never planned on selling it.
- Clay barred and waxed once a year. Washed at least once a week.
- Car comes with acura RS rims with Michelin X-Ice tires (only have 1 season on the winter tires)
- Only seen 3 winters.
- I purchased the car with 50K kms back in Aug '05 and have only put on 33K in 3.5 years. The previous owner also took immacculate condition of the car (see www.56crew.com for pics when he owned it).
- Always 91 octane.
- Recent coolant flush, brake fluid and transmission fluid change in June '08.
- Full interior and exterior detail in June '08, incl engine bay.

Bad:
- Hit and run: Parking lot scrape - driver's side rear fender was scraped back in 06 (less than a 4" scrape). I went through insurance for this and it was fixed properly. I have pictures to prove that it was purely cosmetic.
- Hit and run: Another parking lot ding. Quarter sized scrape on the front bumper.
- Front skirt scraped along the bottom.
- The reason why I didn't fix the bumper and skirt yet is because I've been out of the country the past 1.5 years.
- Clutch bearing is a bit worn -I took it to Honda and they said it's not a must-fix. Just makes a funny squeaky sound occassionally when the clutch is not engaged. Reason why I haven't fixed it: It's a $500 fix because the bearing is in the gear box and the part is $10. I was going to replace it when I got the clutch replaced.
- There is a nick (not scrape) on 1 arm of a rim. The rest of the rims are in great condition, but have normal wear and tear from daily driving.

Overall:
- Paint is a 9/10 despite the blemishes on the front bumper and skirt and normal wear and tear (small rock chips here and there filled with touch up paint, nothing significant)
- Interior is 9.5/10. Completely stock.

Reason for selling:
- I moved out of the country 1.5 years ago and wanted to keep the car, but common sense is finally kicking in and I've decided to sell the car.
- I will have the spark plugs and wires changed and the engine bay re-conditioned before car is exchanged (pretty anal with the car, especially the cleanliess of the engine bay). I will also include all the cleaning products (klasse twins -snythetic paint protectant and wax- as well as the clay bar stuff and a couple bottles of 303 aerospace interior cleaning protectant).

I don't have any recent pics, but check www.56crew.com. This was the condition of the car when I took posession. I can't take pictures of the car because I'm out of the country. The car is currently in the care of my housemate and stored in my garage. If you are interested in the car, please contact me and I will give you his contact information to set up a look-see. I can arrange for the title to be signed over to you whenever you want, but if it's easier for you, I will be in the country for the entire month of October.

Price:
- Asking $14K, but I will knock off $800 to cover the cost to repaint the bumper and skirt. Bottom line: $13,200obo. I'm somewhat firm on the price -do your research because good luck finding a civic with similar options, kms and especially condition for this price. I'm reasonable so if you see the car and can provide a legitimate reason why you think it should be cheaper, I'm all ears.

PM me or email kwan.wilson <at> gmail. If you really want to get a hold of me, you can call me in Germany: (dial exactly the following) 011491703311437.

No bullshit, full disclosure. This is a great car and has given me absolutely no problems.

Pics after a wash wax (again, not recent -back from 2005):
http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32198&highlight=whip

p.s/ Will only accept trades for a motorbike + cash.

p.p.s/ I'm not going to waste my time, effort and money to drive down to Calgary just so whoever wants to see it can see it. I will meet up half way at Red Deer.

Also, I will be in Calgary the 3rd week of October.

the_fornicator
09-04-2008, 03:30 AM
TTT

offers? bueller?

LegendRacer
09-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

prae
09-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

the_fornicator
09-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by LegendRacer
good luck finding a civic that price?

you really dont need good luck, id get a RSX 2 or 3 years newer, with less km, equal or better options for that price

sorry to be posting this, but damn check out autotrader

02/03 premiums (i.e. base) with roughly the same kms average $15K.

You get what you pay for. If you wanna cheap out and buy a POS then buy it and get out of my thread.

the_fornicator
09-15-2008, 03:55 AM
New price: $12,999 obo

Back in town in approx. 2 weeks.

the_fornicator
09-22-2008, 03:08 AM
:zzz:

jacole
09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
You have to go a long ways to find a stock condition one like this in this good of shape. I had a 2000 with twice the km that went for 9k. This is a good deal. Mine didn't look half this good either. GL with the sale man:)