PDA

View Full Version : Isn't Ford Great? RE: alloroc

5.9 R/T
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Your wrong on both counts.

Honda's 2.0 litre DOHC has a streetable HP/Litre output that ford can only dream of.

The S2000 2.0 has 240 HP that is 120 HP / litre.

Has ford built a Normally aspirated 4.6 litre 552HP engine that runs on pump gas and passes all emmisions lately?
Didn't think so. Fords current 4.6L high output engine (it is DOHC by the way) only makes 65HP / Litre. That, by today's standards, is pathetic.

For those interested, the SOHC prodiction 4.6L HO runs 303HP
For those interested, the DOHC prodiction 4.6L HO runs 330HP

Doh did I say 4.6L DOHC makes more than the SOHC? Hey look I did. The DOHC is available in the MACH1 mustang.

Go figure

It is not just about the cams. It is about airflow and the combustion chamber design. You can't build a hemispherical, crossflow, 4 valve, swirl patterned, high compression cylinder head with just one overhead cam.

They have a full page with specs concerning their motors for the beloved Mustang.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/Cars/mustang/features/specs/

Before you correct people and list specs make sure you have the correct ones.

Question: What makes more power, a SOHC or a DOHC?
Answer: 1) A DOHC is more powerful.

Response 1) No it's not.
- A vague respose to an equally vague question and answer.

Response 2) Question is too vague. Gave example of a more powerful SOHC to DOHC motor which proved that DOHC are not ALWAYS more powerful then SOHC.

And finally the last reponse that sums up the thread:
3) Variables, too many exsist to correctly answer the question. And there is no way to elimate them all, therefore no correct answer to the question.

My responses are understandable at even the grade 6 reading level, which some here tend to post at, so why you didn't get them I don't know.

I would sit here and point out the errors in each of your posts but I have better things to do. :thumbsup:

4G63Power
09-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Are you starting shit again...lol j/k :D

GTS Jeff
09-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

They have a full page with specs concerning their motors for the beloved Mustang.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/Cars/mustang/features/specs/

Before you correct people and list specs make sure you have the correct ones.

Question: What makes more power, a SOHC or a DOHC?
Answer: 1) A DOHC is more powerful.

Response 1) No it's not.
- A vague respose to an equally vague question and answer.

Response 2) Question is too vague. Gave example of a more powerful SOHC to DOHC motor which proved that DOHC are not ALWAYS more powerful then SOHC.

And finally the last reponse that sums up the thread:
3) Variables, too many exsist to correctly answer the question. And there is no way to elimate them all, therefore no correct answer to the question.

My responses are understandable at even the grade 6 reading level, which some here tend to post at, so why you didn't get them I don't know.

I would sit here and point out the errors in each of your posts but I have better things to do. :thumbsup: wow, it was really worth your time to form that post regarding some useless newbie?

sxtasy
09-09-2003, 10:13 PM
I believe to sum it up though Dual cams are more efficient than a single cam

Blue Devil 2
09-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
wow, it was really worth your time to form that post regarding some useless newbie?

Why not, he had a point to get across...:eek:

GTS Jeff
09-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2

Why not, he had a point to get across...:eek: to whom?

nickopolis
09-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Come on GTS jeff to al of us in the car forum if you aren't respected here life just isn't worth living...:D

Blue Devil 2
09-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
to whom?

:dunno:

5.9 R/T
09-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by 4G63Power
Are you starting shit again...lol j/k :D

You got a problem whitey? haha

Got to have the last word.

4G63Power