PDA

View Full Version : I have a dillema

snowboard
08-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Here's the deal, i trade my car for a dirt bike and cash, cool. dirtbike checks out works great runs awesome. its stupid fast.

Heres the issue though, it came with a polished frame. the original frame was included in the deal as an extra. NOW, the polished frame looks as though the vin was polished right off lol.

Is there anyway i can insure and register it without a vin, can i just use the old vin?? tell them like the original frame got bent so i replaced it with this one or something??? i kinda wanted a wuick answer so i could insure and register tommorow morning hahaha :D

Thanks if you can give ANY insight.

08-28-2008, 07:49 PM
stolen? maybe?

snowboard
08-28-2008, 07:50 PM
thats what i thought. but the dude i did it with seemed super legit, the deal was with him and his girlfriend..

fuck i dunno, im just mad cause i wanted to go dirtbiking tommorow lol

drtoohotty1
08-28-2008, 07:56 PM
best bet is to call your agent tomorrow and see whats up or PM masked bandit

snowboard
08-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Fuck my life. I can't catch a break no matter what lol

drtoohotty1
08-28-2008, 08:12 PM
oh ya thanks for the new sig. its definitly a keeper:thumbsup:

hadookin
08-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't understand what your dillema is. go register it tomorrow using the vin off the original frame. that is the Vin of the bike.

snowboard
08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Fish and wildlife guys are DICKS there is no way they would buy a story of me having the correct frame in the truck lol.. Plus I don't have lights or spark arrestor so they would shit on me.

hadookin
08-31-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by snowboard
Fish and wildlife guys are DICKS there is no way they would buy a story of me having the correct frame in the truck lol.. Plus I don't have lights or spark arrestor so they would shit on me.

I guess you're limited to private property if you can't make the bike legal for the trails

endo
08-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Don't know the legalities of it, but if you legally own the other frame, why don't you stamp the VIN into the new frame and destroy the old one. I don't know who you'd have to talk to about that (RCMP?) but if you were to buy a new frame from the factory, it would come blank and the shop would stamp the frame and destroy the old one. Ducati stamps the frame at the factory and we (the shop) has to return the old steering neck to them to prove the frame's destruction.