PDA

View Full Version : Avoid the EDO Japan in Coventry Hills

copynpaste
08-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I went with a friend last Friday and did take out for 3 of us. One of his dishes had a piece of black plastic in it, it was chipped off of something - he thought it might have been cartilage since it was so small until he found another piece in his rice too. The second piece was a good size and it looked like some type of plastic material used in the washroom or something. It had rust all over it. Gross. :thumbsdow

TomcoPDR
08-28-2008, 08:55 PM
pics? (seeing someone's business is dragged in the mud here)

08-28-2008, 09:31 PM
rusting plastic?

copynpaste
08-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 5.0
rusting plastic?

Well maybe not rust but it looked like it - some kind of brown corrosion.

pics? (seeing someone's business is dragged in the mud here)

I think people would be too grossed out to be taking pics.

Mibz
08-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Shit, if I stopped eating at restaurants that accidentally put strange shit in my food, I'd starve.

signature7
08-28-2008, 11:24 PM
haha that really sucks. But it won't stop me from goign there. They have some good fast food. And it's the closest one to where i live. What did the owners/managers say when you approached them?

JordanAndrew
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Did you talk to the manager about it or did you just leave and bitch about it as you're walking out of the store?

if they talked to you, what did they do to help the situation?

szw
08-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Its not difficult to avoid all EDO Japans forever. :barf:

403ep3
08-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I bet if you talked to the managers they would of done something. Dragon won't just let that go :o

SoSimpo
08-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Never had any problem from there..
should of talked to the manager about it.

Darkane
08-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Well your first mistake was getting Rice. Noodles man, noodles.

yoda124
09-01-2008, 07:17 AM
I eat there all the time never had a problem...I'd say avoid the EDO on 32 ave NE right beside the a&w.I ordered 2 sukiyaki beefs no veggies for take out and they only filled the plates 1/2 full with rice.Other places always fill to the top.I ate the 2 and was still hungry.Damn whiteboy cooks.:(

The_Rural_Juror
09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I bet if you talked to the managers they would of done something. Dragon won't just let that go :o

Is Dragon the kingpin of Edo?

BlkMaxima
09-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Mmmm Noodles.:drool:

analbumcover
09-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by yoda124
I eat there all the time never had a problem...I'd say avoid the EDO on 32 ave NE right beside the a&w.I ordered 2 sukiyaki beefs no veggies for take out and they only filled the plates 1/2 full with rice.Other places always fill to the top.I ate the 2 and was still hungry.Damn whiteboy cooks.:(

LOL

You have it the wrong way.

Asian Workers at EDO probably own the joint so any way they can charge you the same rate and give you less food/sauce etc, they will. White people that work there dont give a fuck and will give you extra anything

Trini
09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Edo northhill portions have gotten smaller of recent I find.

RedStealth
09-03-2008, 04:01 PM
the edo in deerfoot mall seems to be the most consistent for food quality and portion size to me :dunno:

yoda124
09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

LOL

You have it the wrong way.

Asian Workers at EDO probably own the joint so any way they can charge you the same rate and give you less food/sauce etc, they will. White people that work there dont give a fuck and will give you extra anything

go eat there and see for yourself how small the portions are.Then you will know what I mean.

JC522
09-03-2008, 07:31 PM
well i heard from a friend that used to work at edo before that he got dared to piss in the sauce and he did

while the other worker didnt know and served it to a customer but after they threw it out not sure which one

pretty gross

Rev15
09-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I eat there all the time, sushi to beef yakisoba (my personal favorite) and never really had much of a problem. Should have took it back, yo. I', sure they would have refunded your money, free meal ect...ect...

sgouki
09-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Deerfoot EDO FTW. I hate the one in Coventry.

JeremyD
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Trini
Edo northhill portions have gotten smaller of recent I find.

I have never had a good meal at the EDO in northhill. Small portions, overcooked or wrong (always order without mushrooms very often get the mushrooms here - I am allergic and pass this info along).

The one in crowfoot have had some bad luck with too lately. They have been getting the order wrong (mushrooms again) and forgetting about the sushi that I had ordered as well.

I have had mixed dealings with the one in Coventry. I don't go much so I can't really make an overall comment on them.

EDO in sunridge rocks! I have always had good service and food there. The one in Shawnessy is probably second best.

teggypimp95
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah I have been eating at edo in coverty hills for a few years. I went the other day and there prices were all gone up and you get less food. So i asked the manager if it was just me or if indeed that was the case.

Manager:
"yes sir we have raised our prices and our portions have gotten smaller."

Me
"Oh wow thats fantastic thank you." lol

Manager:
"well things today are more expensive."

Lets see, Beef has not gone up in a long time... Cabage is dirt cheap, and noodles is dirt cheap? Plus its always packed in there and their service is slow as hell. So i think some one just wants a bigger pay cheque.

imjimmylin
09-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Never screwed up my order at the Crowfoot edo. I love it there

5hift
09-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95

Lets see, Beef has not gone up in a long time... Cabage is dirt cheap, and noodles is dirt cheap? Plus its always packed in there and their service is slow as hell. So i think some one just wants a bigger pay cheque.

Too bad the employee salaries and the leases arent "dirt cheap"
Plus I'm pretty sure Edo is a franchise and these things are determined for them.