PDA

View Full Version : MR2 experts - need help with stereo wire adapter

91sw20
09-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Hi guys,

I just bought a new deck for my 91 MR2, which currently has the factory premium sound system....ie: active speaker system with factory amp.....

i read that there is an adapter out there which will allow me to use the pre-outs from the deck to connect to the factory wiring harness, making use of the factory amp (no funds for an amp at this time), and without having to cut the existing wires in the car.

The part number is PC9-406, and looks like this:
http://www.stceurope.com/images/autoleads/pc9-406.jpg

I've only been able to find this adapter/kit in UK stores, so I was wondering if an equivalent to this is available over here (i live in calgary) and where i can find it.....and if not, whether the UK kit will fit my car if I order it from there.

I bought the typical after market wiring harness adapter from Soundsaround today, thinking that i could just solder some rca ends to the proper wires to make use of the pre-outs, but the standard Toyota wire harness they gave me doesn't fit....it is a 10-pin harness, but i need a 14-pin harness. And they told me that's the only kind they carry for 1987+ Toyotas, regardless of model.

any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks alot!