PDA

View Full Version : The Hiphop/Rap thread

Tupacsoze
08-30-2008, 09:30 PM
I gotta admit I'm not really feelin todays mainstream rap as I've always been a fan of early to mid nighties West/East coast Rap. I dig rappers like D.O.C., Ice Cube, Tupac, Snoop, Dre, Dogg Pound, Nas, Biggy, Big L, Wutang etc.

Today I'm feelin more of the underground circuit. I'm feelin Rappers like Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Chino XL, Canibus, Sly boogy Crooked I, Bishop Lamont etc. but I don't these guys get the respect that they deserve.

Here is one of the best freestyles recorded ever from the wake up show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmFrrpjGyyc

Skip to about the 5min range to here the freestyle. Crooked is a beast on the mic.

So what is every other rap fan feelin?

ryanallan
08-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Game - LAX is a pretty good mainstream album .

And I just got back into British rap ,

M.I.A. and Lady Sovereign have some pretty good stuff

Tupacsoze
08-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Yaa i felt LAX too it was pretty good same with nas' new record

xmattx8
08-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I think we have one of these threads.

RY213
08-30-2008, 10:08 PM
As far as new stuff, right now im feeling; Kidz In The Hall, The Cool Kids, Black Milk, Blu and Exile/C.R.A.C, One.Be.Lo, MF DOOM, anything Madlib does, Sean Price and the list goes on.

For older stuff that I grew up on, my favorites are; DJ Quik (the greatest of all time), Kam, Above the Law, 2ndIINone, MC Ren, Lord Finesse, Comptons Most Wanted, Daz, Lench Mob, WC and the MAAD Circle, etc.

I have around 1000 CD's and cassettes and vinyl going back to the late 80's, plus all the shit ive downloaded off the web. So I basically have mostly everything thats worth having. I still find something every now and then that I slept on...

Spoons
08-31-2008, 01:52 AM
:repost:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/221966/beyond-rap-hip-hop-talk/

That is the first time ever on this forum I have called a repost... Not really a repost, but there is already a thread for this talk.