PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my 1.5 yr old today?

sillysod
08-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Just wondering if anybody here has any ideas on what might be fun to do with a 1.5 yr old on a crappy day like today.

I was thinking Telus World of Science, but I think he is too small for that.

The Zoo is gonna suck in the snow.

Just wondering if the Dad's on this site have any good ideas.

Thanks in advance.
:)

Supa Dexta
08-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Go for a walk.. ha.. 1.5 yr olds don't care about anything more then having something to look at. Walk down along the river wheres theres lots of people around, and the water..etc. Just to keep his attention. Plus chicks love babies.

xrayvsn
08-31-2008, 10:22 AM
18 months is a little young for Telus World of Science.

Take him to one of those big indoor playground places and let him run around, slide around etc. Or you could bring him to a pool, most have a kiddie wading pool so that you can splash around. I know the Shawnessy Y has open times on the weekends for families, so you could look into that.

I have 3 of my 4 boys this weekend, and we are also trying to figure out what we want to do today. Let's hear some other ideas.

brown_guy
08-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Take your baby to a indoor pool:thumbsup:

frozenrice
08-31-2008, 10:26 AM
I was going to mention Let's Play, but xray's got that covered. Swimming pool is a great idea though. Might even see a few MILFs in bathing suits........

sillysod
08-31-2008, 10:33 AM
I figured he might be too small for Telus World of Science, and Supa Dexta you are right all he wants to do is look at things (hence him liking the zoo so much).

Thanks guys. we r now going swimming.... as soon as he gets up from his nap :) I have 1 milf and she costs me everything I have on a daily basis, definately do not want another.

Kritafo
08-31-2008, 10:39 AM
I would be heading to a pool, same thing we are doing with our 12 and 13 year old.

Devonian Gardens downtown, can feed the fish.

Go to the Library

Coffee and Scream
http://www.coffeeandscream.ca/

frozenrice
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by sillysod
I have 1 milf and she costs me everything I have on a daily basis, definately do not want another.

LOL, There's that saying, "Look but don't touch".

J/K.

Have a fun time........

sillysod
08-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice

LOL, There's that saying, "Look but don't touch".

J/K.

Have a fun time........

I was just looking... looking ended up in me buying another car, a bigger house.....

At this point I am scared to even look.

bigbadboss101
08-31-2008, 10:50 AM
How about the pet shop? Some dont have much but how about that big Aquarium shop? Go see some puppies etc.

Big Daddy G
08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
There is a little place in Airdrie that would be pretty good on a day like today.

http://theurbantreehouse.com/joomla/

We've went there quite a few times, it is decent.

Edit: Also wanted to mention that it is good for kids that age as well, lots of different things for them to do. Plus, you get to go in the treehouse as well!

Just wondering if anybody here has any ideas on what might be fun to do with a 1.5 yr old on a crappy day like today.

I was thinking Telus World of Science, but I think he is too small for that.

The Zoo is gonna suck in the snow.

Just wondering if the Dad's on this site have any good ideas.

Thanks in advance.
:)

Doozer
08-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo
Devonian Gardens downtown, can feed the fish.
Took our 8-month old there last weekend. I'm not sure if it's still open today. I think Friday might've been the last day. They had 'celebrations' all last week because they're closing down for 18 months(!) for renos/expansions.

Kritafo
08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the update on Devonian.

OH-EIGHT
08-31-2008, 06:17 PM
wtf is the telus world of science?
u mean science world?

Spoons
08-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Well any sort of suggestion thrown your way by Sorrath I would probably not do, and stay the fuck away.

Just my two cents though.

JAYMEZ
08-31-2008, 06:22 PM
You can go to "Lets Play" , its a great place to take the kids .. They also have a play place just for 3 and under , been there a bunch of times , the kids love it :thumbsup:

sillysod
08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by OH-EIGHT
wtf is the telus world of science?
u mean science world?

Telus World of Science (http://www.calgaryscience.ca/)

Went to Southland Leisure Center.... Little dude and I had a blast peeing in the water!!!

eglove
08-31-2008, 07:24 PM
snow? it snowed today?

Foreign2
08-31-2008, 08:06 PM

I was just looking... looking ended up in me buying another car, a bigger house.....

At this point I am scared to even look.

HAHA Holy shit that made me laugh so hard. My girlfriend is 9 months pregnant right now, and this probably saved me a bunch!

JAYMEZ
08-31-2008, 08:08 PM

Telus World of Science (http://www.calgaryscience.ca/)

Went to Southland Leisure Center.... Little dude and I had a blast peeing in the water!!!

LOL , we went there yesterday , I cant imagine how dirty the little kids pool is , those kids piss in it like no tommorow haha. It made me cringe thinking about it as I was sitting in there.. I think the other parents were thinking the same lol.

kaishen
08-31-2008, 09:23 PM
babies just want something to look at. Like a toystore or smthing. 1.5years old is too old for anything really.

frozenrice
08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

LOL , we went there yesterday , I cant imagine how dirty the little kids pool is , those kids piss in it like no tommorow haha. It made me cringe thinking about it as I was sitting in there.. I think the other parents were thinking the same lol.

LOL. We were at Westside Rec once and 20mins after we got there they kicked everybody out because someone left a floater in the main pool. :thumbsdow

JAYMEZ
08-31-2008, 09:53 PM
^^ LOL , im not surprised. Everytime we go to westside , the parents just leave the kids in the lil kids pool and go sit down on the beach chairs ... lazy buggers... I dont know what they expect little kids to do ... warm water , no parents .. might as well poop and pee.