PDA

View Full Version : Good articles on cutting/fat loss!

Darkane
08-31-2008, 09:31 PM
I've recieved a couple Pm's recently about cutting questions. Here are two awesome articles. Good read even if you're not cutting!

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_diet_nutrition_bodybuilding/the_2008_fat_loss_roundtable_part_i

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_diet_nutrition_bodybuilding/the_2008_fat_loss_roundtable_part_ii

Enjoy!

JAYMEZ
08-31-2008, 09:40 PM
LOL , i learnt something... Stop having sex with fat people LOL.. Good read for sure ! Never really checked out Tnation.

pinoyhero
09-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Love T-Nation for articles in my favs for sure and should be a regulary checked site by all athletes.

Here's my bookmark link ...

http://www.t-nation.com/archives.do?y=2008

broken_legs
09-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Need antioxidants? Take a fucking pill and skip the chocolate, fatty.

:rofl:

r0g3r
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
isn't chocolate full of antioxidants? (minus the offset from sugar of course) plus, when taking pills you musn't try and overdose "for better effect" because you will get the opposite. (read it off some credible sites, correct me if im wrong)

max_boost
09-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Nice...good read!

This is what I have figured out in my 6 weeks of exercising.

I'm 5"5 and was 150lbs.

My diet is a lot cleaner than before. But I love food so I still eat things that are considered a no no lol I try to eat smaller portions. 5-6 meals a day. Lift weights 3-4 times a week at 45mins. Cardio 5-6 times a week at 30mins.

Dropped 7lbs so far!

That was way too easy to be honest. Now it's a lifestyle for me.

Love it. :thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Good read. 5'5 and 150 isn't bad, I guess it depends on the body type. I am 5'8 and 198 and friend of mine is 5'7 and 140. He can lift the same as me on upper body exercises. Legs I am stronger. I need to be much leaner and stronger. The mid section is soft soft.

max_boost
09-01-2008, 02:27 PM
^^

I was a little chubby and weak lol
Exercising and lifting has allowed me to get into a good rhythm, relieve some stress and just adds another component to what I do on a day to day basis.

I'm going to see where things take me in the next 6 weeks. I think ultimately I want to be around 135lbs, strong and lean! When I get there, then I'm going to go on a really strict diet and see if I can get those abs to finally show for the first time in my life. haha

bigbadboss101
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey so all you guys drink is water and tea?
Milk (lactose), soymilk (estrogen), juice (sugar), pop (sugar and aspartame, alcohol (calories), coffe (hinder absorption of iron) etc?

I am gonna try to stay away from the free pastries, and cut down on cafe food.

civic_rida
09-01-2008, 04:10 PM
I walked 5 minutes on the treadmill today.

Canmorite
09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
I walked 5 minutes on the treadmill today.

Going for 7 mins next week?

broken_legs
09-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101

I am gonna try to stay around from the free pastries, and cut down on cafeterian food.

OK.... What?!:dunno:

Darkane
09-01-2008, 08:04 PM
lol, yeah good quotes there for sure.

Shugart is a good writer. His no bullshit, in your face approach is what people need.

His personally story is pretty good, goes something like this:

In college they had to do body fat testing in a class. A hot chick had to test him and he was fat. She was grossed out so he snapped. Went to his dorm, punched the mirror, broke it, and changed his life forever. Dropped 70 pounds.

bigbadboss101
09-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by broken_legs

OK.... What?!:dunno:

That's what happens when you type faster than you think.

ShiDave
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

His personally story is pretty good, goes something like this:

In college they had to do body fat testing in a class. A hot chick had to test him and he was fat. She was grossed out so he snapped. Went to his dorm, punched the mirror, broke it, and changed his life forever. Dropped 70 pounds.

Is that supposed to be motivating?

Get fat, get humiliated, punch mirror, lose weight? IT'S LIKE A FUCKING MAP TO WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!

Darkane
09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ShiDave

Is that supposed to be motivating?

Get fat, get humiliated, punch mirror, lose weight? IT'S LIKE A FUCKING MAP TO WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!

Actually, Yes.

Read his Phoenix Theory article. Anger can be a powerful tool if it's used correctly. I have used it many times.

He didn't get fat, you was fat. Some people have shitty gene's you know, but judging by your post I bet you don't even watch what you eat?