PDA

View Full Version : My (Semi) New Bike

Eleanor
08-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Well, I've had it for about a month now but I never got around to upload pics of her until now.

Bought it brand new from Bow Cycle, I was looking at smaller cc bikes (Ninja 250, GS500 etc.) but got a smoking deal on this one so I ran with it. Haven't regretted it so far. I know a lot of people say that you shouldn't start out on a 600 cause you'll kill yourself, but I haven't had any big issues with it yet (I've been riding it to and from work when the weather's nice).

I wasn't a huge fan of the colour when I first got it (wanted red/black) but it's slowly growing on me. I think I might paint it when the paint starts looking a little worse for wear but it's staying this way for awhile.

Anyway, on to the pics:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/zerileas/1.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/zerileas/2.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/zerileas/3.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/zerileas/4.jpg

Eventual plans include FE of some sort, Vortex frame sliders, swingarm spools & bar ends along with Akrapovic exhaust & assorted carbon fiber goodies. First on the list though is heated grips, haha.

I look forward to joining you guys for some meets before the season is up :thumbsup:

S13_Ryan
08-31-2008, 10:24 PM
very nice. i want a bike:(

600cc's
08-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Sickk man love that color you should come out for the next ride :thumbsup:

A790
09-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Nice bike man! I started on a 500 and I'm thinking that I should have gone a bit bigger... :P

MrSector9
09-01-2008, 09:44 AM
frame sliders are a touchy subject...

While they can protect to an extent of the bike falling over, at the same point I have seen some break the frame in small low speed downed bikes, Just recently I seen a bike that no one was around, bike fell over, write off since it marked the frame and just as much plastic as if it was not there.

something to think about.

can't go wrong with an akro pipe either, another thing that you might want to look into depending on your seating is a set of adjustable rearsets.

spools are a great idea and def don't cheap out when you buy a rear or front end stand, not worth the hassle to even save 50%... sure they work but I know I wouldn't leave my bike perched up on a cheap stand.

eur0
09-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Nice bike, my first was a new 05 RR from blackfoot...No regrets being a first just dont push yourself and take it slow, initially.

Eleanor
09-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Yeah I've heard mixed things about the frame sliders. Especially the no-cut versions. The Vortex ones seem to get decent reviews on 600rr.net even if you do have to cut the lower fairing.

Yeah, my seating position is pretty comfortable actually, so I think I'll keep the stock rearsets for now anyway.

As for the stands, I'm looking at Vortex (again, haha). They're pretty decent stands from what I've read on other forums and they're a little bit cheaper than the Pit Bull ones.

I've been taking it easy so far, just got through the break-in period and starting to get more comfortable on it. I'm hoping to take it out for a track-day before then end of the season.

On that note, does anyone know what the rules are for leathers? Do you need to have full leathers? Cause I have textile pants and a leather jacket (along with gloves, helmet & boots of course), is that enough?

JAYMEZ
09-01-2008, 11:56 AM
What kinda deal did you get ? Sweet bike :thumbsup:

Eleanor
09-01-2008, 12:37 PM
^ PM'd

shakalaka
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Nice bike man and don't worry about the 600CC thing as long as you are super careful and a decent enough rider. If you can handle it, then it's all good. I had people tell me 600cc was too big to start on, and I started on a 748cc and if you are careful and don't do stupid stuff, you should be all right.

r0g3r
09-01-2008, 01:00 PM
im jealous, I still haven't learned how to ride one yet........just been watching some videos on youtube :D , but plan on taking the course.

GQBalla
09-01-2008, 02:37 PM
eleanor nice bike!!

JAYMEZ
09-01-2008, 02:48 PM
You guys serious about starting on a 600? I learnt on a 1000 , so thats what I have been looking at... :dunno:

Supa Dexta
09-01-2008, 02:52 PM
A monkey could be trained to ride a litre bike down the road and not crash it. Doesn't mean he can "handle" it, and push it's limits.. Thats why there are so many squids out there in the world....

JAYMEZ
09-01-2008, 02:56 PM
So if im not a fuckin idiot when I ride , I should be good.. I personally am not going to buy a bike that I dont really want... Its like buying a car , I want the car i want , not some POS.

japan_us
09-01-2008, 03:35 PM
The biggest idiot move that you can make takes place before you even hit the road: picking a bike that is beyond your skill level.

Oh...and nice bike BTW, Eleanor. :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
09-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
So if im not a fuckin idiot when I ride , I should be good..

To an extent.. But with bikes theres a very big risk others on the road will affect your ride, more so then you causing it.

I personally am not going to buy a bike that I dont really want... Its like buying a car , I want the car i want , not some POS.

Not sure what this means? 600's are pos's? I don't harp on many people anymore that they shouldn't start on a 600, they just have to be smart about it, theres very little room for error, you make one mistake it could be your last.. Or if you're lucky you make that one mistake and live to learn from it. If you're nervous or more prone to acting like an idiot on a bike, sure you would be better off on one of the new small bikes to learn on and get comfortable.. Otherwise people jump on like a squid and end up dead, the only way that affects me is my insurance rates...

JAYMEZ
09-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

To an extent.. But with bikes theres a very big risk others on the road will affect your ride, more so then you causing it.

Not sure what this means? 600's are pos's? I don't harp on many people anymore that they shouldn't start on a 600, they just have to be smart about it, theres very little room for error, you make one mistake it could be your last.. Or if you're lucky you make that one mistake and live to learn from it. If you're nervous or more prone to acting like an idiot on a bike, sure you would be better off on one of the new small bikes to learn on and get comfortable.. Otherwise people jump on like a squid and end up dead, the only way that affects me is my insurance rates...

Bad choice of words on my part.. Not a POS... But im not going to buy a Honda when I want a Porsche type comparison . Anyways , winters coming , so I have tons of time to look around for bikes. :thumbsup:

Eleanor
09-01-2008, 04:40 PM
The way I look at it, it's more the rider that will determine what kind of rider someone will turn out to be. If you're an idiot, it doesn't matter if you start out on a 'Busa or a rebel you're going to be an idiot and suffer the consequences.

The bigger bikes just give you more opportunity to be an idiot.

CUG
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
So if im not a fuckin idiot when I ride , I should be good.. I personally am not going to buy a bike that I dont really want... Its like buying a car , I want the car i want , not some POS.

The newer 1000's are a handful experienced or not.

I've also seen kids on 600's beat down 1000's lap times at the track -- often.

It's all in the wrist :)

Fusion
09-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by CUG

The newer 1000's are a handful experienced or not.

I've also seen kids on 600's beat down 1000's lap times at the track -- often.

It's all in the wrist :)

Yeah and i also saw a litre bike beat 600 almost 2 lap so he have to give up..ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIDER