PDA

View Full Version : Truck Bedliner. DIY or pay someone to do it?

nobb
09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Have a new pickup truck and the bed is starting to scratch. Canadian Tire has a sale on truck bedliner for $65. Just wondering if anyone has done their own roll on bedliner before and was it worth it? Or should I just pay a professional company to spray it on?

BlackArcher101
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Just go to Line-X and get er done. Don't cheap out on that shit.

Supa Dexta
09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Cost?

Tik-Tok
09-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by nobb
Have a new pickup truck and the bed is starting to scratch. Canadian Tire has a sale on truck bedliner for $65. Just wondering if anyone has done their own roll on bedliner before and was it worth it? Or should I just pay a professional company to spray it on?

A co-worker did his own. Less then 2 months went by before the first parts started peeling, 2 years later the whole box looks like sh!t.

Get it done by a professional. I think we paid around $650 for Rhino liner Tuffgrip, for our work truck.

nobb
09-01-2008, 02:41 PM
^Did you make sure to sand down the bed first before applying?

SilverBoost
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
If you had some 10+ year old truck that you wanted to put this on I'd say go for it on your own. But since you said 'new' truck, and scratches are becoming obvious to you, it sounds like you might be particular to how this looks in the end. That said, get it professionally applied so your next thread isn't, "So I fucked up my bedliner - how to remove?"

Tik-Tok
09-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by nobb
^Did you make sure to sand down the bed first before applying?

Why would I sand his bed down? I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

I have no idea if he did or not.

gen2teggy
09-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

A co-worker did his own. Less then 2 months went by before the first parts started peeling, 2 years later the whole box looks like sh!t.

Get it done by a professional. I think we paid around $650 for Rhino liner Tuffgrip, for our work truck.

Rhino liner X2 :thumbsup: they did a good job

Supa Dexta
09-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
;So I fucked up my bedliner - how to remove?"

cough.. bedliner cock>

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18595&pagenumber=1

:rofl: