PDA

View Full Version : Best Ipod FM Transmitter

natejj
09-01-2008, 02:46 PM
What would you guys recommend as the best FM transmitter for an ipod? Theres a lot of brands out there... will a $60 one from Futureshop work as well as a $5 one off ebay?

CaptainReboot
09-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I have the Kensington one (http://ca.en.kensington.com/html/12212.html)

It works great. Much better than the Griffin one I used to own. The sound quality is very good and clear.

At least get one that actually uses the iPod connector, not just the headphone port.

buh_buh
09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm using the Belkin Tunebase right now and it cost me like $90, and the reception isn't nearly as good as the $15 I had from London Drugs.

HyperZell
09-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I use the Monster FM transmitter, which I saw on sale at FS last week for like 60 bucks. I like it because it charges and broadcasts, so I can charge my iPod while using it. Unfortunately, the charging part does not work for my new iPhone =(

wildrice
09-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot
I have the Kensington one (http://ca.en.kensington.com/html/12212.html)

It works great. Much better than the Griffin one I used to own. The sound quality is very good and clear.

At least get one that actually uses the iPod connector, not just the headphone port.
I'm gonna have to agree, the quality is fantastic.

bighead2267
09-03-2008, 11:17 PM
how is the performance compare to integrated? everyone keep telling me it's day and nite diffferent. by HOW MUCH?

wildrice
09-03-2008, 11:18 PM
I find a get cd quality with my kensington one. It doesn't really get any better than taht.

dragonone
09-03-2008, 11:20 PM
u have to try the canadian tire one, when it goes on sale it's only 9.99, no one has ever complained at that price, it's a popular item on RFD. it also charges the ipod

hard-wire>>>fm transmitter. nuf said

KRyn
09-03-2008, 11:32 PM
I have a friend with the Monster brand one and another buddy with a Griffin. I find them both to be very clear and crisp as opposed to some of the cheap ass ones I have heard.

Hit Em Up
09-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by dragonone

hard-wire>>>fm transmitter. nuf said

:werd:

i was debating about a transmitter but the ones i've tried, Cheap ones from wal-mart, expensive ones from costco etc.. all suck at the end of the day.... i got static sooner or later. Thats why i decided to get a deck with the aux plug in

surprisingly it wasn't much more compared to high end ipod fm transmitters total came to 110 i believe

TurboMedic
09-03-2008, 11:49 PM
My griffin is a poor transmitter.....it hisses the S's alot, and broadcast strength is even lower on stereo so I leave it on mono alot....even with the transmitter close to the antenna its still quite poor

gqmw
09-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by natejj
What would you guys recommend as the best FM transmitter for an ipod? Theres a lot of brands out there... will a $60 one from Futureshop work as well as a $5 one off ebay?

Nah not as good, monsters are by far the best in quality. They were on sale last week at futureshop, as someone already mentioned.

aklalani
09-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell
I use the Monster FM transmitter, which I saw on sale at FS last week for like 60 bucks. I like it because it charges and broadcasts, so I can charge my iPod while using it. Unfortunately, the charging part does not work for my new iPhone =(

+1, i bought this for $120 prob 3-4 years ago. still works great and even works with my iphone. too bad it doesnt charge the 3g iphone cuz i just got one. shit.:thumbsdow

bball2
09-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Tape adapter FTW! :thumbsup:
I tried a griffin one in my car a few months ago and there wasn't any quality improvement over a tape adapter, and it's much more of a hassle getting everything connected and working.

natejj
09-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I wish I could use a tape adapter.... I bought a 2001 civic... doesnt have CD player, or a tape deck. I dont feel like going through the work of installing my deck so just cheaping out and getting the FM transmitter.

nonlinear
09-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell

i use the monster as well. works great. I had to buy mine in the states ($40 a couple of years ago) because they used to cost $140 here! they are on sale right now at FS for $50 so it would be a good time to buy

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10041185&catid=25017