PDA

View Full Version : Crackberry Messenger Help!

nbaker00
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
KK, I know this is a really small thing, but it's just one of those things that pisses me off lol:nut:
Ok so on every page it has the little smiley face indicating I have a new blackberry messenger message.
But I dont:(
I've tried everything I can think of
Closing out all the convos, turning off phone, removing battery..
Whatelse can I do?

Thank you fellow Crackberry users:D

S13_Ryan
09-01-2008, 08:13 PM
maybe its the theme your using if you're using one

trieuth
09-01-2008, 08:19 PM
usually when that happens i just take the battery out and put it back in and then it goes away.

Doozer
09-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Maybe if you change your theme it'll wipe the slate clean? Then you can change it back....

nbaker00
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by trieuth
usually when that happens i just take the battery out and put it back in and then it goes away.

Originally posted by Doozer
Maybe if you change your theme it'll wipe the slate clean? Then you can change it back....

Neither worked:(
lol

Just tried changing themes.. Didnt work

wildrice
09-01-2008, 09:16 PM
close off all open conversations?

dr_jared88
09-01-2008, 09:18 PM
get someone to send you a message, then check it. usually fixes it for me

nbaker00
09-01-2008, 09:21 PM
I tried both of those earlier today thinking it would fix it... and didn't:(

wildrice
09-01-2008, 09:25 PM
sync with desktop manager?

nbaker00
09-01-2008, 09:27 PM
I could never get desktop manager to work properly from day 1...
Do you think if I called telus tomorow then can reset my system to fix this?

trieuth
delete all prior messages

nbaker00
Originally posted by trieuth
delete all prior messages
Did you even read my original post?

wildrice
09-01-2008, 09:28 PM
i'd wait it out, it'll probably clear on it's own.
or you'll do something that'll end up clearing it unknowingly

trieuth
09-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00

Did you even read my original post?

no i get that you closed previous convos, but if you choose the messages app. it opens up all your messages from emails to sms and pin messages. click the menu button and go delete prior messages. that might clear it up.

403ep3
09-02-2008, 12:30 AM
That always happens with my 8830 and I just take the battery out and its gone. Damn that blackberry message smily face.

What you wanna do if it's really annoying you is:
1) Back up your blackberry with desktop manager
(really really easy!)
2) Find out how to reset the blackberry. I haven't reset one for a long time but it should be pretty straight forward.
3) Load everything back on the blackberry! DONE!

If you don't know how to do any of this then Telus should have a data support team to help you. I work for bell and we have a 24hr line that has people that pretty much know everything about not only blackberries, but every phone ever. If all else fails, go to telus and tell them your phone is defective and make them order you a replacement or get one for free :P

Oh, one last thing. FYI (if you didn't already know), when you take the battery out, is your phone off or is it still on? If you take the battery out while your phone is still on the device actually does some sort of reset and all applications close; it also reestablishes a connection with the network.

Ajay
09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Do exactly what the poster above mentioned. Back up your Berry and then do a master reset. It should be in your security options. After you wipe the handheld clean just restore the data and it should go away.

This has happened to me before but all I've had to do is remove the battery. I've left it out for 30 seconds or so and when I put it back in everything is back to normal.