PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Custom choppers

TomcoPDR
09-01-2008, 08:04 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2317.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2319.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2320.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2344.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2346.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2347.jpg

Hakkola
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
There's a really nice silver one with LED brake light rolling around down, I was driving beside him on 14th ave last week, sucks that I didn't have a camera.

Nice shots. :thumbsup:

Eleanor
09-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Is that a V8 on the yellow one?!?!?!? :eek:

johnboy27
09-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Is that a V8 on the yellow one?!?!?!? :eek:
Yes, that is called a Boss Hoss.

SJW
09-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Yech.

Wehbeast
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
i seen a red one inthe summer with a v8 engine

em2ab
09-10-2008, 08:59 AM
I can understand why people like them but I personally think it's obnoxious to drive something so loud.

bubbley
09-10-2008, 09:00 AM
summamabich

ekguy
09-10-2008, 09:06 AM
There is a guy in Chaparal who built a couple with his buddy in his garage they always roll around here. They are nice but they rev it on purpose going through the small streets of Chap. Guess being older and successful doesn't buy people manners.

Like has been said nice to look at, cool craftsmanship but nothing more. They are louder than any fartcan on any car and yet they don't get any lip from the cops and imports have been getting it for years.

Go4Long
09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
and the funny thing is there was recently an article I saw somewhere about them cracking down on the exhaust on sport bikes...stupidest thing I've ever seen.

either way I wouldn't be caught dead riding something with so little capabilities outside of cruising.

I mean just to turn that red thing around you'd need a block and a half...

D. Dub
09-10-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.bosshoss.com/products.asp

Bleecccchhhhhh

3g4u
09-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Go4Long
and the funny thing is there was recently an article I saw somewhere about them cracking down on the exhaust on sport bikes...stupidest thing I've ever seen.

either way I wouldn't be caught dead riding something with so little capabilities outside of cruising.

I mean just to turn that red thing around you'd need a block and a half...

Dont you mean you could never afford or have the technical abilitys to make one yourself.:thumbsup:

Anybody can go out and buy a stock sport bike for $7000. But not everybody can put a bike together from scratch, and in my opinion thats what constitutes a motorycle enthusiast.

badatusrnames
09-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
Like has been said nice to look at, cool craftsmanship but nothing more. They are louder than any fartcan on any car and yet they don't get any lip from the cops and imports have been getting it for years.

Agreed. Loudest vehicles on the road it seems are guys on their choppers.

tm88
09-11-2008, 12:10 PM
drives me nuts.... ive never been beside a sports car with exhaust that is so loud it pisses me off, sure some are fun to laugh at and what not...mynes pretty loud. But nothing compares to some of these bikes. Windows rolled up, music on and i still get soo irratated.

nj2Type-S
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
i don't like these bikes nor most of the people that rides them. :thumbsdow

japan_us
09-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

Like has been said nice to look at, cool craftsmanship but nothing more.

Better than being an eyesore, built from snap-on crap, and still not fast - which is pretty much the case for most of the "souped-up" cars.

They are annoyingly loud, but I give em props. Usually, when these guys go custom, they get it right. When people do the same with their Hondas and such?....umm...not so much.

8Ball
09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by japan_us

Better than being an eyesore, built from snap-on crap, and still not fast - which is pretty much the case for most of the "souped-up" cars.

Leggo for wannabe bikers!

ZorroAMG
09-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Annoyingly loud because the drivers are fucktards that rev them.

I love choppers and would only buy that kind of bike other than a cool italian or german old military bike. Rice-rockets don't really do anything for me...they are fast and handle well but meh.

I wouldn't rev them like a shit stain on 17th though....that's what the AM's gorgeous sound is for :rofl: :rofl:

Canmorite
09-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Cool looking bikes, but fuck are they annoying going up and down 17th in the middle of the night. Idiots.

Masked Bandit
09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
One one hand I guess I have to applaud the quality of the work and the uniqueness of the bike itself.

On the other hand.....I phuckin' hate choppers. Slow, clumsy, loud, money pits that cry for attention.

Go4Long
09-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 3g4u

Dont you mean you could never afford or have the technical abilitys to make one yourself.:thumbsup:

Anybody can go out and buy a stock sport bike for $7000. But not everybody can put a bike together from scratch, and in my opinion thats what constitutes a motorycle enthusiast.

lol...you're an idiot...because I don't want to waste my money on an obnoxiously loud bike with ZERO capabilities to do any of the things I enjoy doing on a bike I must not be able to afford it? no, I just don't see the point...I enjoy the feeling of turning, I'll show ya some pictures of my tires with no chicken strips if it'll make ya dig your head out of your ass a little bit.

and I would bet you money that neither of those bikes were built by the people riding them.

your argument might work on a stereotypical new sport bike rider, a person that never has the bike leaned more than 20 degrees from vertical, and has a giant flat center section on their tire when they replace them...but it certainly doesn't apply to everyone...and I'd bet money that valentino rossi wouldn't be caught dead on either of those lumps, and if you've ever heard him talk about bikes you know he's about as enthusiastic about riding motorcycles as any person you'll ever meet.

I never said these bikes aren't nice for what they're meant to do...cruise down 17th, park somewhere and have people look at them. But I have buddies that ride who've ridden them and say they'd rather ride a bus than have to ride them again...but it's all in what you want to do with it...I don't force people on cruisers to take their bikes to the track, and maybe you, as a cruiser rider, should keep that in mind before you start preaching to me about how because I don't want a chopper I must not be a motorcycle enthusiast.

3g4u
09-11-2008, 02:31 PM

lol...you're an idiot...because I don't want to waste my money on an obnoxiously loud bike with ZERO capabilities to do any of the things I enjoy doing on a bike I must not be able to afford it? no, I just don't see the point...I enjoy the feeling of turning, I'll show ya some pictures of my tires with no chicken strips if it'll make ya dig your head out of your ass a little bit.

and I would bet you money that neither of those bikes were built by the people riding them.

your argument might work on a stereotypical new sport bike rider, a person that never has the bike leaned more than 20 degrees from vertical, and has a giant flat center section on their tire when they replace them...but it certainly doesn't apply to everyone...and I'd bet money that valentino rossi wouldn't be caught dead on either of those lumps, and if you've ever heard him talk about bikes you know he's about as enthusiastic about riding motorcycles as any person you'll ever meet.

I never said these bikes aren't nice for what they're meant to do...cruise down 17th, park somewhere and have people look at them. But I have buddies that ride who've ridden them and say they'd rather ride a bus than have to ride them again...but it's all in what you want to do with it...I don't force people on cruisers to take their bikes to the track, and maybe you, as a cruiser rider, should keep that in mind before you start preaching to me about how because I don't want a chopper I must not be a motorcycle enthusiast.

Well im sure the red bike is a total custom, so either the guy built it or he got somebody to do it for him. The other is a production boss hoss bike.

My whole post was directed to your obvious lack of respect for 1 of a kind customs, and i was just stating that these bikes are done by people who know bikes like the back of their hand, and to critisize it just because you dont understand it is a bit disrespectfull to all the hard work involved in making and maintaining a one of a kind vehicle.

Sorry to steriotype you into the whole "im 90lbs and need a 1000 cc bike because it is affordable" catagory but it seems to be the norm on Beyond.

Me being into cruisers and custom chopper/bobbers, I still have mad respect for sport bikes and their (responsible) riders.

Oh and its not that hard to make a u turn on a bike like the red one, you just gotta commit. lol

Go4Long
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
I never said I was a responsible rider :nut:

and like I said, if I was in to cruising and bike shows, I could see owning a cruiser(although it would probably be much more normal looking than either of these), but until I'm physically not capable of stretchin across a gas tank I don't see it happening.

it's not just a beyond norm, it's a basic norm, everyone thinks that after one season where they put 2000 kms on their bike they're ready for a 180 hp liter bike.

I put 11'000 kms on my R6 last year, and I still think I need at least another full season before I even think about steppin up.

jonnycat
09-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Either of those bikes would be a pain in the ass to ride.

I'd take a Victory Vegas or Vegas Jackpot for $18K over either of those and over 99% of every other custom.

3g4u
09-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I never said I was a responsible rider :nut:

and like I said, if I was in to cruising and bike shows, I could see owning a cruiser(although it would probably be much more normal looking than either of these), but until I'm physically not capable of stretchin across a gas tank I don't see it happening.

it's not just a beyond norm, it's a basic norm, everyone thinks that after one season where they put 2000 kms on their bike they're ready for a 180 hp liter bike.

I put 11'000 kms on my R6 last year, and I still think I need at least another full season before I even think about steppin up.

Man I did 11,000 KMs in 2 weeks last year. lol. 8,000kms in 10 days this past june on a not so comfortable Harley Custom.

Hows long hauls on the R6?

BlkMaxima
09-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Lots of noise on these things with little results.

I think people riding them also look stupid especially the one who use their highway pegs in the city.:rofl:

Go4Long
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
not comfortable...lol...the seat has about the same amount of padding as the nose bleeds at the saddle dome.

I ride a kawi 636 now though...the R6 met an unpleasent end with a mini van.

most comfortable bike I've ridden to date that I could see myself riding at this point in my life was a Ducati Monster S4Rs...

BlkMaxima
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Man I did 11,000 KMs in 2 weeks last year. lol. 8,000kms in 10 days this past june on a not so comfortable Harley Custom.

Hows long hauls on the R6?

Sport bikes are not designed to be comfort rides.

How's having a ton of weight and not much power?

3g4u
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
not comfortable...lol...the seat has about the same amount of padding as the nose bleeds at the saddle dome.

I ride a kawi 636 now though...the R6 met an unpleasent end with a mini van.

most comfortable bike I've ridden to date that I could see myself riding at this point in my life was a Ducati Monster S4Rs...

Ya i agree with the confort of the Ducati Monster, my buddy races Ducatis, well raced now that race city is over. So I have tried out a few Ducatis and i must say they are extrordinary machines.

BlkMaxima. > lol. My chopper has 130hp at the rear wheel and weighing around 500lbs, you do the math. Got lots of power as long as your going straight.lol Even my harley is pretty peppy, not race fast but quick enough for me.

BlkMaxima
09-11-2008, 04:09 PM

BlkMaxima. > lol. My chopper has 130hp at the rear wheel and weighing around 500lbs, you do the math. Got lots of power as long as your going straight.lol Even my harley is pretty peppy, not race fast but quick enough for me.

Weird most of the ones I see running around on the street had a hard time pulling away from my old Saturn Redline.:rofl:

3g4u
09-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

Weird most of the ones I see running around on the street had a hard time pulling away from my old Saturn Redline.:rofl:

:rofl:

kevie88
09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I went around the outside of one of these chopper guys on my scooter last month.. damn he was pissed haha

Here's my custom bike.. race modded 01 GSXR1000.

dj_honda
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm not into bikes too much but i think Walz choppers are fucking sweet.

http://www.rombodituono.it/bike%20show/build_off/photo_build_off/Hardcore%20cycles-01.jpg