PDA

View Full Version : vehical equipment regulation tickets???

littledan
09-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Just a quick question. can the police pull you over simply because you may have some equipment reg. violations? (ie. tint, exhaust, etc) or do they have to have another reason to pull you over and then inspect your car for illegal mods? (ie. speeding and then once pulled over exhaust ticket)?? Anyone up on the traffic act?

Weapon_R
09-10-2003, 02:18 PM
I got pulled over a couple years ago for having clear tail lights, and nothing else. So yes, i'm sure they can.

yankeefan
09-10-2003, 02:56 PM
I got pulled over 15 times one year and never got a ticket. worked 3rd shift so was late at night..so with the combination of time of day, car and my age I got pulled over alot. got pulled over 3 times just for pulling out of my driveway. live next to a car dealership so they thought I was stealing cars. had guns out and the whole nine. it was pretty funny actually. so yes you can get pulled over for nothing. I mean legally its against the law here(ny). but reality of the situation is police dont need a reason.

4G63Power
09-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah they can pull you over for equipment regulation tickets...whether it be tint, exhaust, bumper lights, etc. Usually cops will catch you for items such as speeding first and then if they are feeling nice tack on some extras. But speeding is not a prereq for the others.

LancerShelby
09-10-2003, 05:07 PM
If they have reason to suspect that you or your car is not/does not follow the Alberta Highway Traffic Act, then they can pull you over.

nickyh
09-11-2003, 06:51 AM
Since I drive German, I have a front plate on my car.
My boyfriend was pulled over at a police check stop just so the cop could tell him the plate was illegal.
They asked him to remove it but to date it's right where we left it - on the front of my car.

Apparently it's illegal to have "non Alberta" plates on the front of your car - WTF - it does nothing, it's not official registration of anywhere!

littledan
09-11-2003, 11:21 AM
is the ticket supposed to be in the name of the driver or the registered owner??? On the tint ticket i received it doesn't say the make or model of the car anywhere... can't i dispute the ticket and show pics of another car i drive???

yankeefan
09-11-2003, 01:31 PM
tickets goto the driver at the time of getting pulled over. as for fighting it not sure what steps you can take really. most times with a tint ticket you can pay the fine or remove the tint and you dont have to pay the fine. at least thats how it works most times in ny.