PDA

View Full Version : Driving to Vancouver in October

D'z Nutz
09-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm thinking about driving to Vancouver during the first weekend of October. I've only ever driven there during the spring and summers. Would there be chances of snow in the mountains by then? Otherwise I'll start booking a flight instead.

joyridder
09-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Chances are very good that you will encounter snow through one of the passes. My friend just drove last night and I guess it snowed around Canmore already.

adam c
09-02-2008, 08:59 AM
not sure at the start.

last year i drove at the end and it was snowing in the mountains but nothing too bad until i got past kamloops on highway 5... that road was nothing but snow and ice until i got to the toll booth. wasn't a very nice drive at all

plus the entire time i was in bc it was either snowing or raining

D'z Nutz
09-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Do you think leaving the week early (last weekend of Sept) would make much of a difference? Thanks for the replies!

zieg
09-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Why dont you call whomever it is that looks after those roads and see if they can give you a better idea?

89s1
09-05-2008, 05:58 PM
if you look west you'll notice that there is already snow in/on the mountains.

The owner of my dealership drove in from Kelowna to tow a boat back with him, said it was a fantastic drive. Don't rule out the possibility of snow though.

ZorroAMG
09-05-2008, 06:45 PM
When I moved to Vancouver in '06 I drove out on Oct 30th and there wasn't much to worry about....