PDA

View Full Version : Lots of people leaving Alberta?

Pages : 1 [2]

kenny
09-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Everyone that's met me in person know that I dress like a homeless guy lol.

Whatever baller, last time I checked homeless people don't wear hugo boss shoes, shirts and bling jeans! :rofl:

rage2
09-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Whatever baller, last time I checked homeless people don't wear hugo boss shoes, shirts and bling jeans! :rofl:
I only wear my Hugo Boss stuff on F1 weekends, because it's McLaren Hugo Boss gear. Consider it my "Flames Jersey".

And what bling jeans? They were $90!

rage2
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS
So +1 for Team Hobo. Rage and I might have to have a Lebowski-Off to figure out who's going to be your leader.
Alright, Chinook meet next week, let's see who can look the most homeless haha.

Redlyne_mr2
09-04-2008, 08:30 AM

I only wear my Hugo Boss stuff on F1 weekends, because it's McLaren Hugo Boss gear. Consider it my "Flames Jersey".

And what bling jeans? They were $90!
The fact that you don't think $90 jeans are bling tells us something. Were talking homeless look here... you need jeans off the clearance rack at Zellers, 2 for $15, those light colored ones with the elastic waste band... until I see you rocking those
is when I'll believe that you dont care about fashion, those or a pair of jogging pants with sandals.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-04-2008, 08:31 AM
I'll win. Paint covered jeans, ripped t-shirt.. Total worth of around $20. Maybe I'll wear my beyond hat, to double that.

TKRIS
09-04-2008, 08:32 AM

Alright, Chinook meet next week, let's see who can look the most homeless haha.

Look up.
You own a pair of $90 jeans!!!
I don't think I own a piece of clothing worth more than $40.

Besides, a hobo-off only works if it catches both parties unawares. It's not fair if we get to prepare. Especially for you, since I own a cat-pee stained housecoat.

bighead2267
09-04-2008, 08:34 AM
:eek:

thinmyster
09-04-2008, 08:35 AM
how about a nice pair of tear-aways and a collared shirt

Redlyne_mr2
09-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS

Besides, a hobo-off only works if it catches both parties unawares. It's not fair if we get to prepare. Especially for you, since I own a cat-pee stained housecoat.
Give this man the prize.

Tik-Tok
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Were talking homeless look here... you need jeans off the clearance rack at Zellers, 2 for $15,

That isn't bummer status, bummer status is wearing used jeans from the clearance rack at Zellers, but bought buy you at Value Villiage.

rage2
OK those $90 pair of jeans was an emergency. I left my only pair of jeans in my M3, and it's at the shop. So I went out with a friend and grabbed the first pair so we can go to the bars (been kicked out too many times lately with shorts + sandals). I don't even like them, they're so tight, my ballsac gets friggin' sweaty and the bitches I bring home complain about how salty they are :rofl:.

My normal pair of jeans is a $50 pair of crappy levis that's ripped up a bit. That's more representation of my style. It's loose fitting too, that's huge homeless stylez.

broken_legs
09-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Where do you see this "mass exodus"?

Are there refugee camps in Saskatchewan or something?

I think the term "mass exodus" is a bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you say?

The Calgary population grew as of the 2007 census.

Look it up.

http://www.albertacanada.com/documents/SP-EO_economic_outlook.pdf

• Net inter-provincial migration was negative in
Q3 (first time in 14 years): in-migration
remains strong but number of people leaving
the province is rising sharply.

I posted some interesting FACTS in this thread:

LINKY !!! (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=230501&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2)

rage2
09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
^^^ Ya, that's just counting in and out between provinces. Helps that it's not quoting any numbers at all, so it could be statistically insignificant. Total population is still going up. You can pull the most obscure stats to make anything look bad.

And my source to back it up biatch!!!

http://www.calgary.ca/DocGallery/BU/cityclerks/city.pdf

Recent as of April 2008. Look at the numbers. Our population grew by 22,950. Fucking Mass Exodus motherfuckers! :rofl:

Originally posted by broken_legs
I posted some interesting FACTS in this thread:
Sigh... just another pissed off guy that missed buying a house cheap.

broken_legs
09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
^^^ Ya, that's just counting in and out between provinces. Helps that it's not quoting any numbers at all, so it could be statistically insignificant. Total population is still going up. You can pull the most obscure stats to make anything look bad.

Are you suggesting that Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry would pull obscure facts like that and post it online to support real estate crash propaganda conspiracy theories?

Or are you trying to say something else?

What else would those statistics be counting? Do you mean to say that, yes via inter provincial migration Alberta is losing citizens as a net, but the actual population is net growing from some other form (ie Making babies? International Immigration?)

Do you have any stats, charts or graphs, documents, or something to back this up?

Not that I don't believe what you're saying Rage, just that i did my own research and found what I got, and everyone else whos against me never has anything of substance to back up their claims. I'm open to any view, would just like to take it all in with a grain of salt and hopefully some supportive evidence

:)

EDIT:

Hey no fair you edited your post ! Grrr.

Anyways, I won't argue Calgary's population is on the rise, I'm supporting the OPs notion there is a "mass exodus" of people from Alberta. A lot of people are leaving THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA and I just posted the proof.

And I've owned a house since 2006...

And I never mentioned anything about Real Estate (but I will!)

And everything I posted in that thread are facts from the Gov't of Alberta website trade publications they send out to people around the world to try and convince them to invest in Alberta with the Alberta Advantage.

Supa Dexta
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
All I know is I'm going to swing by the cecil and grab a hobo, and win this contest.. :bigpimp:

TKRIS
09-04-2008, 09:01 AM
My normal pair of jeans is a $50 pair of crappy levis

$50!!! And Levis to boot!!

Pffft.

I am your hobo king.

rage2
09-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Are you suggesting that Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry would pull obscure facts like that and post it online to support real estate crash propaganda conspiracy theories?
You pulled one single stat to support your claims of mass exodus. The stat was from a section in the report talking about moderate growth for 2007. Nobody's debating that at all. If anything, you're the one with the conspiracy theories here.

Or are you trying to say something else?
Yes I am, you're the one that's fucking with stats lol.

What else would those statistics be counting? Do you mean to say that, yes via inter provincial migration Alberta is losing citizens as a net, but the actual population is net growing from some other form (ie Making babies? International Immigration?)

Do you have any stats, charts or graphs, documents, or something to back this up?
I updated my post right before you posted. Pre-emptive BOOYAH!

Not that I don't believe what you're saying Rage, just that i did my own research and found what I got, and everyone else whos against me never has anything of substance to back up their claims. I'm open to any view, would just like to take it all in with a grain of salt and hopefully some supportive evidence
pwned.

rage2
09-04-2008, 09:10 AM
EDIT:

Hey no fair you edited your post ! Grrr.
It's not about being fair, it's about being quick to the punch.

Anyways, I won't argue Calgary's population is on the rise, I'm supporting the OPs notion there is a "mass exodus" of people from Alberta. A lot of people are leaving THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA and I just posted the proof.
http://www.finance.gov.ab.ca/aboutalberta/population_reports/2008_1stquarter.pdf

WHABAM. pwned again. Fuck I'm good.

And everything I posted in that thread are facts from the Gov't of Alberta website trade publications they send out to people around the world to try and convince them to invest in Alberta with the Alberta Advantage.
Ya, and you're twisting the stats around. Either that, or don't understand how to read a report.

They're talking about MODERATION not mass exodus. Look at the numbers from my URL here. Alberta. Page 1. Population still going up. Look at Page 3. Shows your Q3 2007 (and Q4 2007) inter-province negative migration. International still strong. Prob guys moving home from the US's shitty ass economy. Net migration for each quarter is still positive.

broken_legs
09-04-2008, 10:03 AM

It's not about being fair, it's about being quick to the punch.

http://www.finance.gov.ab.ca/aboutalberta/population_reports/2008_1stquarter.pdf

WHABAM. pwned again. Fuck I'm good.

Ya, and you're twisting the stats around. Either that, or don't understand how to read a report.

They're talking about MODERATION not mass exodus. Look at the numbers from my URL here. Alberta. Page 1. Population still going up. Look at Page 3. Shows your Q3 2007 (and Q4 2007) inter-province negative migration. International still strong. Prob guys moving home from the US's shitty ass economy. Net migration for each quarter is still positive.

Please.

All I did was support was the OPs claim with some factual information. People are leaving Alberta. Net interprovincial migration was negative for the first time in 14 years. I'd say that just broke a trend.

I didn't post anywhere that theres a "mass exodus" of anything.

Thanks for digging up the stats, very interesting stuff!

I don't have time to read the whole report, does it go into demographics of those numbers? I saw net births vs deaths.

Just curious, of the 11,000 international immigrants, how many actually contribute to the GDP via skilled employment or labour, how many are children, elderly, stay at home moms etc..

Masked Bandit
09-04-2008, 10:05 AM
In the end I don't give a phuck what that report says........I'm seeing it in real time. People are leaving the province and that's all there is to it. And it's not the 65 year old fart either, it's the 18 - 35 year old who has been here less than five years.

rage2
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I didn't post anywhere that theres a "mass exodus" of anything.

Originally posted by sputnik
Where do you see this "mass exodus"?

Are there refugee camps in Saskatchewan or something?

I think the term "mass exodus" is a bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you say?

The Calgary population grew as of the 2007 census.

Look it up.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
In the end I don't give a phuck what that report says........I'm seeing it in real time. People are leaving the province and that's all there is to it. And it's not the 65 year old fart either, it's the 18 - 35 year old who has been here less than five years.
Of course there's always people leaving. People come and go in every city. People left alberta before, during, and after the boom. I don't get how that has any relevance to anything.

Masked Bandit
09-04-2008, 10:28 AM

Of course there's always people leaving. People come and go in every city. People left alberta before, during, and after the boom. I don't get how that has any relevance to anything.

Because like said in my first post, I can see it flow like the tide, for years it was coming in, now it's going out.

gkAeris
09-04-2008, 10:42 AM

Everyone that's met me in person know that I dress like a homeless guy lol.

actually i was quite impressed with your dress code on my birthday! you manage to find a pair of jeans that wasn't ripped and a standard tshirt (instead of your usually $5 slogan shirts)

but......... you still had those flip flops hahaha how long have you had those man? i swear its the same pair since like 02' haha

rage2
09-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by gkAeris
actually i was quite impressed with your dress code on my birthday! you manage to find a pair of jeans that wasn't ripped and a standard tshirt (instead of your usually $5 slogan shirts)

but......... you still had those flip flops hahaha how long have you had those man? i swear its the same pair since like 02' haha
That was my new $90 jeans! :rofl:

Those sandals are new, just got them beginning of summer.

sputnik
09-04-2008, 10:53 AM
My normal pair of jeans is a $50 pair of crappy levis that's ripped up a bit. That's more representation of my style. It's loose fitting too, that's huge homeless stylez.

I buy my Levis at Macy's in the states.

$35 for a pair of SilverTabs.

Redlyne_mr2
09-04-2008, 12:26 PM

That was my new $90 jeans! :rofl:

hahaha..guess you got ripped off. I will give you credit though.. in that pic for the New York Times you're wearing a free hoodie that's almost 6 years old. Most people who are going to appear in a news paper like that would fix themselves up a bit, maybe a nice shirt, haircut etc... way to keep it real. :thumbsup:

Manhattan
09-04-2008, 12:37 PM
:rofl: Link?

It's official--> :hijack: someone change the name of this thread to "rage2 Fashion Stylez" lol

Inzane
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM

I gotcha beat. "$50 Levis" are when I splurge. My normal pair of jeans are usually $40 ones from Mark's Work Warehouse. :rofl:

Masked Bandit
09-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Inzane

I gotcha beat. "$50 Levis" are when I splurge. My normal pair of jeans are usually $40 ones from Mark's Work Warehouse. :rofl:

To try and keep this on topic........

Are those jeans purchased in Alberta or elsewhere?

Manhattan
09-04-2008, 02:30 PM
SALES, PEOPLE!!

I get jeans on sale for $30 at GAP or Banana Rep all the time. Hard to find my size sometimes though...

g-m
09-04-2008, 02:35 PM
banana doesn't MAKE my size I've checked because I like their jeans and I'm SOL I can't even order them