PDA

View Full Version : Places for an Office Xmas Party in Calgary...

Wrath
09-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Somehow I got roped into the social club in the office here...and they are having us plan the Xmas party for the office.

Since I came from a big company I have no idea where to host a Xmas party for 40-60 People....

Any ideas.....

malcolmk14
09-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Try one of the nicer golf course clubhouses around the city. Usually solid food and a nice atmosphere for a christmas party.

rage2
09-03-2008, 03:12 PM
We rented out some Banff convention center, great dinner, huge stage so our band can play, DJ, dancefloor, hotel rooms so nobody had to worry about driving home. It was the shit.

edit - it's this place: http://www.banffcentre.ca

Davetronz
09-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Depends on your budget.

Check out places like Canada Olympic Park, Restaurants like Caesars Steak House, some of the hotels/conference centers (Sheraton Eau Claire is nice), the Ranche in Fish Creek Park, Mother Tuckers downtown...

Kritafo
09-05-2008, 09:54 AM
I know the Wedding Pavilion is renting as well..we have always had a great time at C.O.P as well.

Heritage park as well. Al Azhar Shriners has facility rentals as well, I love this location it's very pretty in the winter

dannie
09-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Ooh... The Ranche in Fish Creek is spectacular for a medium sized group like yours. They set up the main area just for you with a bartender at the counter. I have been to many events there and haven't been disappointed.

For one of the events I planned, we hired a band called Round Midnight. They were awesome and not expensive at all!! You could see how much it would cost to have them at the Ranche after dinner.

You could also do a murder mystery dinner type thing at the Deane House.

jdmakkord
09-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I've set up office parties at crush downtown. Nice casual resto lounge with great food, and drinks.

Wrath
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Well We figured it out....Look like it's going to be at Bonterra. They are closing the place down for us

Lex350
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
the room at the top of the ski jump at COI. It isn't a really big space but I think its ok for the size of your group.

Buffalo Soldier
09-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Don't forget about Shanks!