PDA

View Full Version : On the go lunch and snack ideas?

KRyn
09-03-2008, 02:45 PM
I am looking to see what you guys eat when you are in the office or at school. Currently I am bulking so meals with more calories the better. I have already picked over all of www.t-nation.com for recipes and meal plans. I am interested in recipes you have tried and enjoy eating. Also the easier to prepare and tastier the better!

Darkane
09-03-2008, 08:25 PM
lol, I've almost given up eating for flavor. now I just eat because I like the results.

Typical daily meal of mine:

Meals:

1) 1/2 cup oats, 1cup blueberries, 2scoops whey

2) 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup blue berries, Lean meat (beef or chicken 6oz)

3) Lean meat like above (6oz) and brown rice

4) Same as 3

5) same as 3

6) Can of tuna with tablespoon of full fat BACON ranch :D

7) 2cups cottage cheese

Usually 3500ish calories. Pretty bland since I don't use to much salt if any. Mrs Dash is sodium free.

KRyn
09-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Ugh I was afraid this was going to be the case. I am suprised you even let your self have full fat ranch! That must be delicious!

FilthyMcNasty
09-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Grilled cheese sandwiches.:drool: Try it on ezekiel bread if you wanna be healthier.

Boosted_TL
09-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Tuna and Franks Hot Sauce
Celery and Peanut Butter
Protein Bars (Obviously)
Cottage Cheese on Chicken Breasts.
Zip Lock full of trail mix

BBQ a shat load of chicken breasts on Sunday and put them in zip lock bags. Little bit of Franks, can of tuna and some fruit is perfect to bring to work. Then have a high protein dinner. Start with some oatmeal, brown toast and a protein shake for breakfast.

Incorporate 2 more 2 scoop shakes throughout the day and you have a good start.

Then bring on the supplements (Omega's, Amino's, Multi Vit's etc)

Masked Bandit
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
lol, I've almost given up eating for flavor. now I just eat because I like the results.

Typical daily meal of mine:

Meals:

1) 1/2 cup oats, 1cup blueberries, 2scoops whey

2) 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup blue berries, Lean meat (beef or chicken 6oz)

3) Lean meat like above (6oz) and brown rice

4) Same as 3

5) same as 3

6) Can of tuna with tablespoon of full fat BACON ranch :D

7) 2cups cottage cheese

Usually 3500ish calories. Pretty bland since I don't use to much salt if any. Mrs Dash is sodium free.

Where's the five to ten servings of fruits & vegtables that the government recommends? :D

Seriously though, that's a ton of protien for sure.

pinoyhero
09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
^Hehe, yes it is. The cups of blueb's give a good chunk but maybe not enough, I'm sure DK's is putting down his veggies somewhere.

Dumbass17
09-28-2008, 10:34 PM
i don't know how you guys can eat protein bars or shakes

i tried the shakes about a year ago, but i just found that i would drink a shake and 30 minutes later i'd be starving
so i'd end up eating a shake ffor breakfast and then having to buy a snack at work to last me til lunch haha

shakes ftl :thumbsdow

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Why wouldn't you just drink a shake and eat some food?

swak
10-02-2008, 02:31 PM
McDonalds

jwslam
10-03-2008, 09:25 AM
oatmeal to go bars

quaker chewy bars
quaker yogurt bars

LKL
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Anything high-fat and high-protein will do. Use your imagination.

Chicken
Tuna
Beef
Salmon

with...

Evoo
Peanut butter
Almonds
Pecans
Cheese
Omega butter
Any kind of refrigerated full fat salad dressing

and..

Broccoli
Spinach
Mixed greens
Green beans

Darkane
10-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
^Hehe, yes it is. The cups of blueb's give a good chunk but maybe not enough, I'm sure DK's is putting down his veggies somewhere.

Yes yes.

Actually I altered my diet even further. I added 15oz Broccoli a day for added fiber and veggie intake.

That specific example was for non-workout days. I eat the same amount on workout days just slightly different foods.

I cut the brown rice and eat more oats/blueberries with broccoli. I figure I'm doing 10-15 servings/day anyway. Good anti-oxidant effects :D

Next bulk routine/diet until the end of Dec will consist of 4250-4500cals/day.

Should be a good one!