PDA

View Full Version : Where to get H3C bulbs for my silvia??

jdm_jspec
09-03-2008, 03:30 PM
hey i need some new bulbs (h3c), the ones i have barley put out any light, only thing is i cant really find anywhere that stocks good ones like piaa and such.
any suggestions? or is there some kind of conversion i could do to get more light out of my silvia projectors???

Pollywog
09-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Don't know if this helps you at, I've seen it done.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/h3conversion.html

ExtraSlow
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
www.automotivelightingusa.com

I have used them in the past and had no problems shipping to calgary.

I'm sure there are other good online places, but they had a good price on the specific nokya ones I wanted.

jdm_jspec
09-03-2008, 03:42 PM
thankss, maybe ill try that conversion from h3c to H3, looks pretty simple and i can get H3 bulbs everywhere.

bituerbo
09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
The conversion is SUPER simple, and you're modifying the housing instead of the bulb, so once converted you're just running normal H3 bulbs from then on.

Best write-up with pics here: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/h3conversion.html
edit: lol, same link as above. Parts are all available at partsource and cost $10 total.

Redlyne_mr2
09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
tons on ebay

ZeroGravity
09-04-2008, 08:17 AM
for finding high output bulbs locally such as piaa, your best bet will be to try the beyond sponsors...

if you just want a new "regular / OEM" H3C bulb, Acura dealerships should have them. I forgot exactly which model year (maybe 96 - 98), but the Acura TL's use H3C bulbs for their integrated foglights

jdm_jspec
09-04-2008, 01:44 PM
hey thanks for the help guys. Im just gonna do the conversion looks really easy and should work for now, i just went to crappy tire and got all the parts i need, and for bulbs just bought those sylvania silverstar H3's, should work.
parts and 2 h3 bulbs cost me 60$

:werd:

bituerbo
09-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ZeroGravity
for finding high output bulbs locally such as piaa, your best bet will be to try the beyond sponsors...

if you just want a new "regular / OEM" H3C bulb, Acura dealerships should have them. I forgot exactly which model year (maybe 96 - 98), but the Acura TL's use H3C bulbs for their integrated foglights

Dealers work wacky hours, and parts counters often have even worse hours then the sales guys - the ability to go into any auto-parts store or Canadian Tire to get replacement bulbs far outweighs any "negative" to swapping. Also, H3C's are more expensive than H3's, as I found out at a Lexus dealership.