Motor Oil
Transmission Fluid
Coolant
Clutch
break

YamahaV8
09-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Motor oil: Good synthetic like Mobil1 or my favorite Amsoil
Trasmission: Stick with the stock weight of gear oil or a little thicker but in synthetic form.
Coolant: Factory honda stuff
Clutch: Factory honda stuff but again maybe in synthetic form
Brakes: If the master cylinder and other stuff is stock except for the braided lines then stick to DOT4 since it is compatible with DOT3 systems and has a higher boiling point.

Supa Dexta
09-04-2008, 10:33 AM
motor oil > whatever is on sale.

It's a 94! It's already had a long life, keep fresh oil in it and don't waste money on the most expensive oil.

YamahaV8
09-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
motor oil > whatever is on sale.

It's a 94! It's already had a long life, keep fresh oil in it and don't waste money on the most expensive oil.

True it has had a long life but obviously the guy has put money into it and wants a serious car. He is running boost on a engine that was not designed for boost originally so I would give the engine as much protection as it could get. It's like protecting an investment.

dblpostwhore
09-04-2008, 03:22 PM
supa dexta is right. dont waste money on amisol or motul. just buy a midgrade synthetic. be warned that if you have any leaks sythetic oil magnifies it.

you dont really need synthetic though either a good petrolum based oil is good. but adjust the weight for a turbo car, cause they run hotter. what i mean is run a heavyer weight oil then stock. so 15w30

coolant is coolant is coolant. run grey goose and water with some purple drank if you want. that is what coolant is. alcohol and water. albeit a different type of alcohol.

the only fluid to spend money on is tranny. redline is a good brand synthetic

egturbo88
09-05-2008, 05:55 AM
I forgot to mention that the motor was torn apart and re-built right before i decided to put a turbo, so the motor isnt from 94 that would be a d16z6 its a d16y8 from 99 and it's had a semi-re-build therefore it hasnt had that long a life.

jaylo
09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi,

I have been running a turbo integra for 3 years now (about 25,000KM) and it still has the same purr as it did before turbo

Motor Oil - Quaker State 5W-30 (every 5,000KM)
Transmission Fluid - Honda Gear Oil
Coolant - Honda Type 1/2 coolant (no silicate) OR STP 50/50 low silicate
Clutch - No clutch fluid, I got a cable transmission :)
Brake - STP Dot 3