PDA

View Full Version : Problem making an external USB HDD

ZMan2k2
09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Okay, so I replaced the HDD in my PS3 with a larger one, and decided to use the 40G one as an external HDD. So I went to Memory Express and bought this. (http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX21195(ME).aspx) I went through all the setup, formatted the drive, and even got it loaded with some pics and documents that we want to keep. However, now that it's disconnected, when I go to reconnect it, it doesn't work. It doesn't even get recoginzed. The only way to get it on the system again, is to take it out of the case, and play with the connectors inside to get it to start up again. Is there something I don't know about the PS3 HDD, or do you think that it's the fault of the case? This is the second case as I've already exchanged it once.

bulaian
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
do you have any other 2.5in hard drives to try the enclosure with?

ZMan2k2
09-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I guess I could take the 250G one out of my PS3. Don't really want to, but maybe I should.

*edit* Okay, so I tried the 250Gig HDD out of the PS3 and it worked just fine. So I guess my question has gone from is it the box, to is the 40Gig out of the PS3 fried?