PDA

View Full Version : Midas question

sin
09-10-2003, 10:43 PM
So, i got my oil changed at midas about 2-3 weeks ago, and while i was in i got them to check my coolant levels. They said they were fine, as does the printout i got, but i just overheated. So i check my radiator and its incredibly low. Is there anything i can get from midas cause they screwed up? i want a rad flush now cause i didnt know the concentrate of the anti-freeze before, and guaranteed its fucked now.

benyl
09-10-2003, 10:47 PM
You could have a hole in your rad... your car is 13 years old.

ryder_23
09-10-2003, 10:47 PM
I too went in with low fluids...but 2 days later i left on a big road trip, and luckily lookd and saw it was below the "low" level and toppd her off. Go back and complain.

Weapon_R
09-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Did they charge you for the inspection of the fluids? If not, I doubt there is anything you can do.

sin
09-11-2003, 04:52 PM
its built in to the base cost so technically i paid a fraction of that for them to do it

sxtasy
09-11-2003, 09:41 PM
I dont think there is anything you can get from midas, you said that you just started overheating 2-3 weeks after the check. You could have gotten a big rock in your rad or something. Or you might just have a slow leak.

benyl
09-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Something that people don't seem to do anymore is check their own fluid levels (I am guilty of this as well, but my car is new and anything that breaks should be covered under warranty). It only takes a minute to check everything when filling up your car. If your fluid was low, you would have noticed the first time you filled your car after your service...